Yes (USA)
25 (37.9%)
Yes (ROTW)
14 (21.2%)
No (USA)
13 (19.7%)
No (ROTW)
14 (21.2%)
I never leave my basement, and I have internet here (worldwide)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Brazen

Haven't been to a strip club per se but I've seen burlesque strip acts, which are to some extent the same but leave you with more money and dignity./

11B4V

Dignity...bah, overrated in a strip club.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Malthus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 02, 2012, 05:55:22 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 02, 2012, 05:47:05 PM
There is a strip club in Toronto called "House of Lancaster". It even has a coat of arms on it with the red Lancasterian rose! Classy!  :lol:

I wonder what odd bit of historical nerdom created that. And whether anyone has thought to create a rival "House of York" strip club nearby.

Nude jousting!

Jousting without armour would be very, very dangerous.

Sort of comparable to barebacking strippers, when you think of it.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 10:02:16 PM
Yeah, nothing says "straight", like hanging out with a bunch of guys with hard ons.

:lol:

Raz gets in a zinger.   :punk:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 10:25:49 PM
Hey, I'm not judging.  If you and friends want to pay to get blue balled and then go all lettow in the bathroom to blow off the excess steam, that's fine.  Like I said, I won't judge.  Much.

Ok you are trying way too hard here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

No.
I've came close. Friends have gone in and I stayed at the door.
It just doesn't appeal to me. Paying to be teased pretty much. Its like going to a club and guarantied striking out. And its freaking expensive and until recently money has always been in very short supply for me.

No moral objections. Just seems a bit crap.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2012, 07:38:06 PM
I remember thinking Jersey was a 'cooler' state because there were titty bar billboards right on the highway.

Meanwhile, going the other way, there's Club Risque on the Schuylkill, right after you go over the Walt Whitman Bridge. :contract:
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2012, 11:36:21 PM
Its like going to a club and guarantied striking out.

Why do some guys here think they are going with the expectation of picking someone up?

HVC

I've been to two strip clubs. A seedier one and a high class one. didn't really like either experience. Although at the seedier one i had the very awkward experience of seeing a friends sister who i saw grow up. i had to leave lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on May 04, 2012, 08:31:49 AM
I've been to two strip clubs. A seedier one and a high class one. didn't really like either experience. Although at the seedier one i had the very awkward experience of seeing a friends sister who i saw grow up. i had to leave lol

Why, was your friend with you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

seeing a friends sister who i saw grow up.
You were there a long time then.

Valmy

I've been to two strip clubs. A seedier one and a high class one. didn't really like either experience.

I loved it.  I was rather surprised how much I did.  I had a fabulous time each time but sort of glad I am too poor and only did it during bachelor parties, I can see how addictive/expensive it could be so I am pretty glad I only went to strip clubs those couple times.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on May 02, 2012, 01:50:31 PM
The mention in Caliga's AAR to roadside strip clubs with "college nights" decided me to create this thread, as it was something that had crossed my mind a couple of times.

So, my (admitedly incomplete) perception through anecdotes and the media is that strip/gentlemen clubs are way more accepted and/or legit in the States than anywhere else. Over here they're invariably seedy, but in the US you have the "co-ed paying her way through college" trope, for instance, and they're featured in mainstream media with normal middle-class people attending.

Is this perception correct? How frequented are they by forum members?
There used to be a strip club in my home town.  It has since been destroyed by fire and the city voted a new rule to forbid this type of commerce.

Anyway, back in the time... being a small city, and this being a front for the Hell's Angels, the local club didn't exactly have the best girls of Quebec.  Mostly 40 or 50 years old women looking like 70, totally coked up, often so thin that you could almost see through them.
It used to be better when I was younger, but in the later years, that place wasn't really good.  Not that I'd go that often, but it was the best place to play pool in town.

Quebec city has some nice strip clubs though.  Appaently the best one is on the south shore in St-Romuald.  Never been there though.  It's been ages since I've been to a strip club.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2012, 08:29:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2012, 11:36:21 PM
Its like going to a club and guarantied striking out.

Why do some guys here think they are going with the expectation of picking someone up?
if your pockets are deep enough, it's a very high probability that you can pick someone up.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

I find it hard to believe that 20 folks havent been. Get a good crew together and go have fun.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".