Started by CountDeMoney, May 04, 2012, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 07, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 07, 2012, 02:11:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 07, 2012, 02:07:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 07, 2012, 02:00:32 PM
Why is this excellent?

Because every victory against stoners and stoner culture is a victory for humanity.

People can smoke weed without embracing "stoner culture". :huh:

No, no they can't.

Can you explain to me how it is different from how someone drinking alcohol doesn't necessarily mean they join the culture of the alcoholic?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 07, 2012, 02:45:25 PM
Can you explain to me how it is different from how someone drinking alcohol doesn't necessarily mean they join the culture of the alcoholic?

It isn't any different.  Alcohol is a poison as well, and needs to be eradicated from society.  Anybody who drinks contributes to the culture of alcoholism.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 07, 2012, 02:52:15 PM
It isn't any different.  Alcohol is a poison as well, and needs to be eradicated from society.  Anybody who drinks contributes to the culture of alcoholism.

Talk about shitting on your heritage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 02:53:43 PM

I guess he's adopted the Puritans as his most important ancestors.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Funny thing is he's a reformed alcoholic or whatever, but he's still struggling with a crippling bout of Irishness.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Alcohol offers absolutely no redeeming value to anything, and is the most pervasive substance abused in our nation, negatively and substantially impacting every facet of our society:  increased healthcare costs, increased unemployment rates, lost work productivity, domestic violence and child abuse, climbing insurance rates, and sheer cause of death.  For starters.

It is, in short, the worst possible vice and societal malady we possess. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 07, 2012, 03:16:36 PM

Funny thing is he's a reformed alcoholic or whatever, but he's still struggling with a crippling bout of Irishness.

I'm allergic to alcohol.  I break out in ugly chicks.

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on May 05, 2012, 05:55:01 AM
It is a really pretty city. Venice of the North and all that. And some people go for the Anne Frank thing.
The legal prostitution too is a bit of a draw- though not usually for reasons of partaking.
Lots of British stag nights go there to get drunk, see sex shows and the like- far worse for foreigners reputation than stoners.

Except for the city of sin drinking tourists (who are partially drawn by the pot too) though, yeah, numbers are small, I'd say for well over half, perhaps three quarters, of tourists its about the pot- at least to check things out if not to take.

I was drawn by the history, architecture, etc. and also wanted to passively 'observe' what I could of the red light district and pot cafes.  Ditto for the wife & the rest of the people in our group.

I found the whole thing pretty fascinating; pretty cool to experience even if just as an observer.  The wife liked the boat tour & some other things, but was thoroughly disgusted by the red light district.  Not sure what she was expecting since she had been looking forward to seeing it.

I got yelled at by a hooker who thought I was taking her picture when I was just showing some video taken from the other side of town to my brother in law.  Good times.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall