News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This one time at band camp...

Started by jimmy olsen, May 02, 2012, 01:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Fucked up. It boggles the mind how dumb people can be.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/02/justice/florida-famu-charges/?hpt=ju_c1

Quote(CNN) -- Criminal charges are expected to be filed Wednesday in Orlando in the suspected hazing death of Florida A&M University drum major Robert Champion.

"We're announcing that charges will be filed against several people involved in the death," a law enforcement source close to the investigation said.

State Attorney Lawson Lamar of Orange and Osceola counties will hold a news conference Wednesday afternoon, his office said.

A spokeswoman for the university declined to comment on the news conference because the school did not have any details about it.

Some university band members have said Champion died after taking part in an annual rite of passage called "Crossing Bus C."

The ritual is an initiation process in which pledges attempt to run down the center aisle from the front door of the bus to the back while being punched, kicked and assaulted by senior members, according to band members.

Champion collapsed in Orlando on the bus, which was carrying members of FAMU's Marching 100 after a November football game that included a halftime performance by the group.

The medical examiner's office ruled his death a homicide and said he "collapsed and died within an hour of a hazing incident during which he suffered multiple blunt trauma blows to his body."

An autopsy found "extensive contusions of his chest, arms, shoulder and back," as well as "evidence of crushing of areas of subcutaneous fat," which is the fatty tissue directly under the skin.

The death prompted the university board of trustees to approve an anti-hazing plan that includes an independent panel of experts to investigate.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I thought this was going to be about how you got laid at juche training or something.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder how many Languishites were in band in high school or middle school.

Tonitrus

I never was in high/middle school, but I was in Air Force basic training...and only because someone thought I'd be big enough to carry the base drum.  :P

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 02, 2012, 01:58:50 AM
I never was in high/middle school, but I was in Air Force basic training...and only because someone thought I'd be big enough to carry the base drum.  :P

:lol: "YOU! CARRY THIS DRUM" doesn't count

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 02, 2012, 01:59:30 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 02, 2012, 01:58:50 AM

:lol: "YOU! CARRY THIS DRUM" doesn't count

I played it too...  :(

But us base drummers only had to learn cadence.  :P

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 02, 2012, 02:00:51 AM
I played it too...  :(

But us base drummers only had to learn cadence.  :P

How'd that work anyway?  Did every <boot camp unit size: division/battalion/company whatever they called them there> have a dude banging away on a drum, or what? 

Eddie Teach

Not enough talk about flutes in pussies in this thread.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Basically, at the time there were 5-6 training squadrons, divided up into flights.  All the flights in my squadron were "Band" flights.  Instead of doing drill/marching practice, we did band practice.  And when time game to graduate, our squadron's flight would be the Band flight for all the squadron flights graduating that week.

We only had a couple base drummers playing only cadence, and there were a bunch of guys with the smaller drums, and some brass instruments.

The big deal for band flights was the chance to go play in local, small Texas towns and enjoy some frills that other trainees were denied.   

CountDeMoney

I was in the band.  I used to bang the 1st chair clarinetist with her panties in her mouth while her parents watched The PTL Club upstairs.

But that's how we sax players roll, daddyo.

Ed Anger

Me do school activities? Pfft. They stole 6 hours of my day already, they weren't getting more.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 08:01:16 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 07:54:07 AM
Trumpet.  Last chair.

= no pussy.

True.  But all our clarinet girls were ugly.  Also the Saxophone players started out as clarinets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 08:33:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 08:01:16 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 07:54:07 AM
Trumpet.  Last chair.

= no pussy.

True.  But all our clarinet girls were ugly.  Also the Saxophone players started out as clarinets.

I guess that was just how it was at your school, Gay Ass McFaggot HS.