And we're back!

Main Menu

This one time at band camp...

Started by jimmy olsen, May 02, 2012, 01:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

*cringes* Our high school's "color guard" had no girls under 200 pounds when I was in high school.  I wish that was an exaggeration.

I wasn't *in* the marching band, but due to the girlfriend being in it, I hung around them all the time.  There were exactly two bangable girls, one of which was my girlfriend.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 02, 2012, 08:12:45 PM
*cringes* Our high school's "color guard" had no girls under 200 pounds when I was in high school.  I wish that was an exaggeration.

I wasn't *in* the marching band, but due to the girlfriend being in it, I hung around them all the time.  There were exactly two bangable girls, one of which was my girlfriend.

Same here, though not everywhere.  When we went to competition there were other color guard chicks were hot.  As one of the band parents pointed out, "If gross total weight was one of the scoring characteristics the band would place higher.

The director for the color guard was also extremely stupid.  When on of the judges at a competition thought they needed more "color", up front the director responded by moving a black chick to the for front.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2012, 07:27:45 PM
Do band members get to boink the chicks in spandex who dance around, or are they reserved for football players?

The color guard, yes. (A lot of these are regional or depend on the size of the school for the Euros.)

Ours had like fifty of them, and many were bangable dancer-girls. Some were fatties. Most of the cheerleaders were also in the color guard at my school. In small schools where it's not cool to be in the band because the band sucks and only performs at football games, it's usually more like fifteen and all ugly. The nice thing about it is they travel with the band everywhere so long bus rides, overnight stays, etc. We'd play two NFL games a year (Buffalo and Cincy) and travel all around the midwest to tournaments, plus one big trip each winter, usually to a bowl game or national marching band gathering. (Still talking HS here, not college.) Lots of chances to fool around.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Razgovory

Just curious.  I was 2000.  Our color guard were all uglos, but we weren't a small school.  Biggest school in the state at the time.  Place was badly overcrowded.  There was 700 odd people in my graduating class.

katmai

I was in a band in high school, just not the school band.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 09:24:20 PM
Just curious.  I was 2000.  Our color guard were all uglos, but we weren't a small school.  Biggest school in the state at the time.  Place was badly overcrowded.  There was 700 odd people in my graduating class.

Yeah this kind of thing is very regional in popularity I think. Indiana, Ohio, etc. Parts of Texas and Cali. A couple places in Canada. I think it's got a lot to do with drum and bugle corps organizations and places where DCI has members. My high school stadium was an annual venue for DCI events, and twice they held the US Open championship there while I was in HS. I worked concessions and stuff for it and was a runner for the judges.

Last year, they held that same tournament in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy, so that shows how much they've grown.

Edit: I take it back. They were held there every year while I was there, but I only worked there twice. It seems my high school hosted the championship every year from 1968 until 1999. Huh.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2012, 09:25:29 PM

Getting stoned on the couch while playing "Don't Fear The Reaper" with your stoner buddies isn't really a band.

Eddie Teach

They played his sister's quinceanera.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 10:20:29 PM

Getting stoned on the couch while playing "Don't Fear The Reaper" with your stoner buddies isn't really a band.

Seedy I never tried pot till i was 23 :P

and no we didn't Teach.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I never tried to pot till I was...  Well, never.

Camerus

There were some hot Asian chicks in band at my school.

'Course this was in Toronto, and nobody gave a shit about sports - hell, the football team at our school of 2000 kids disbanded due to lack of interest.   :lol:

Octavian

The troublesome Taco's or The Burrito Bullies?

:P
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee