News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This one time at band camp...

Started by jimmy olsen, May 02, 2012, 01:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2012, 02:07:11 AM
Not enough talk about flutes in pussies in this thread.

In order to get to that point, you have to sit through countless stories like how this one time, they all lost their music and they were supposed to play this song, but they didn't know it, so they just made it up and they kept playing and playing and the conductor didn't know what we were doing and it was so funny.

Not worth it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 08:33:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 08:01:16 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2012, 07:54:07 AM
Trumpet.  Last chair.

= no pussy.

True.  But all our clarinet girls were ugly.  Also the Saxophone players started out as clarinets.

I guess that was just how it was at your school, Gay Ass McFaggot HS.

A saxophone is just a shiny clarinet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2012, 11:11:56 AM
Not worth it.

For a horny minx that looks like Alyson Hannigan? I think I could put up with some boring stories. Though she'd have to put up with some unstifled yawns.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2012, 05:44:43 PM
Not worth it.

For a horny minx that looks like Alyson Hannigan? I think I could put up with some boring stories. Though she'd have to put up with some unstifled yawns.

No, for real band girls.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2012, 06:25:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2012, 05:44:43 PM
Not worth it.

No, for real band girls.

Sorta mixed bag.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

It may just be a regional/cultural thing, but there were tons of hotties in my HS band, and band camp was indeed a meat market. The band had more than 300 members, not including the color guard. There were more members of the marching band every year than there were graduating seniors in the whole district. Granted, they were one of the biggest in OMEA, but there were plenty others who were comparable.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 02, 2012, 06:31:39 PM
It may just be a regional/cultural thing, but there were tons of hotties in my HS band, and band camp was indeed a meat market. The band had more than 300 members, not including the color guard. There were more members of the marching band every year than there were graduating seniors in the whole district. Granted, they were one of the biggest in OMEA, but there were plenty others who were comparable.

There were some hotties in the band (and it was a large band), but bandcamp was hell.  We marching in the hot Missouri sun for hour and hours.  Ugh.  I could have date this one chick who wasn't bad looking but I didn't it, cause like usual I was stupid.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 02, 2012, 06:31:39 PM

You was in the Best Damn Band in the Land, right? So how was the tail for that?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2012, 07:09:55 PM

Awesome if you're gay.  :P

There aren't many girls in there. Excluding woodwinds has that effect.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Do band members get to boink the chicks in spandex who dance around, or are they reserved for football players?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2012, 07:27:45 PM
Do band members get to boink the chicks in spandex who dance around, or are they reserved for football players?

Every girl in spandex when I was there was ugly.  I mean really ugly.  Like indistinguishable from the genus sus ugly.  If someone was boinking them I didn't want to know about it.  They were distinct from the Cheerleaders and were drawn from the band member crowd.

CountDeMoney

Usually that's the dance troupe affiliated with the cheerleading squads, so no.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 02, 2012, 07:26:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2012, 07:09:55 PM

Awesome if you're gay.  :P

There aren't many girls in there. Excluding woodwinds has that effect.

Well, that put new meaning on dotting the 'i'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 07:32:43 PM

Usually that's the dance troupe affiliated with the cheerleading squads, so no.

I wish ours was.  But sadly, it wasn't.

derspiess

The band at my high school was full of ugly chicks.  The more "attractive" of them became majorettes, and the most attractive majorette was average.  As for the flag corps, let's not even go there.  AFAIK, all the school bands in my area were the same.