And we're back!

Main Menu

Tool Fails To Use Correct Tool.

Started by mongers, April 25, 2012, 02:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2012, 03:53:43 PM
Bow hunters are the dumbest collection of hunting ass fucks, as they are not nearly as proficient as they should be or think they are, and proper bow hunting requires the most talent and skill, not just in aiming but tracking the kill down.

I do not totally disagree with this.  As a hunter I think you owe it to the animal to strive for the cleanest, quickest kill possible and it seems that bow hunters often tend to be lacking in this area.

I'm so OCD about lining up the perfect shot I've never actually shot a deer myself :mellow:

:lol:  Always looking for the pink mist, huh.  That's the thing about bow-hunting, you've got to get that oblique angle just right, or it just won't work.

Well, at least true bow hunters are as concerned about the issue;  bad bow hunters give the good ones a bad reputation.  I worked with a guy that was such a good bow hunter, the deer doesn't even realize it;  passes straight through the heart or the main artery, runs a bit, and lays down and dies.  Doesn't do it just for sport, either.  Actually eats the fucker.  And he will narc out bow hunters to the DNR that are just goofing around.

Viking

Nugent seems determined to make his prophecy self-fulfilling by breaking the law.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2012, 04:20:21 PM
Well, at least true bow hunters are as concerned about the issue;  bad bow hunters give the good ones a bad reputation.  I worked with a guy that was such a good bow hunter, the deer doesn't even realize it;  passes straight through the heart or the main artery, runs a bit, and lays down and dies. 

I've seen hunting shows where they get shots like that on bear.  Friggin' arrow goes clean through and the bear can barely take a couple steps before it falls.

QuoteDoesn't do it just for sport, either.  Actually eats the fucker.  And he will narc out bow hunters to the DNR that are just goofing around.

Everyone I know who hunts deer eats what they kill.  Thankfully my uncle can butcher a deer in his sleep (and probably has), so if I get one on his farm I'll come home with as much deer meat as I can fit in my cooler. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 25, 2012, 04:24:13 PM
Nugent seems determined to make his prophecy self-fulfilling by breaking the law.

Not really.  This was a pretty minor infraction. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

I think that would be my biggest issue with hunting.  It not so much killing it for its meat - I would probably really enjoy the eating part.  Its that I have never shot a gun, never mind try to kill something with it and I would likely make a horrible botch up of the whole thing.

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on April 25, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
Headlines aren't sentences, tool.

Thanks for reminding me you should go on my ignore list, tool.  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2012, 04:29:45 PM
Thankfully my uncle can butcher a deer in his sleep (and probably has), so if I get one on his farm I'll come home with as much deer meat as I can fit in my cooler.

Oh man, nothing beats good venison sausage, with some monterrey jack threaded in.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2012, 04:35:37 PM
I think that would be my biggest issue with hunting.  It not so much killing it for its meat - I would probably really enjoy the eating part.  Its that I have never shot a gun, never mind try to kill something with it and I would likely make a horrible botch up of the whole thing.
You can do what Trump sons did, and arrange a hunt where you basically execute the animal.  You're probably rich enough for that.

crazy canuck

I am not sure what the point of that would be.

Ed Anger

I'd like to release Polacks and Slavs in a fenced in yard and shoot them from a second story window.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 25, 2012, 05:08:18 PM
You can feel like a man, without putting yourself through unnecessary hardship and danger.

mongers

Do much of the leisure pursuits of the rich and famous have a point, other than perhaps as acts of vanity ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

You wouldn't risk getting arrested for allowing the thing to escape.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

QuoteDo much of the leisure pursuits of the rich and famous have a point, other than perhaps as acts of vanity ?

I dont know.  If DGuller puts me into that categorie I would like to think that coaching (my main leisure pursuit now that I cant ski) isnt all vanity.

I would have to concede that my other main leisure pursuit of drinking wine has no redeeming quality, other than supporting a worthwhile industry, but I dont see much vanity in that - other than sharing a good bottle with friends now and then.