News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Disney World AAR

Started by Caliga, April 20, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I don't like roller coasters because I have a fear of losing my glasses on them, and I'm blind without my glasses. :blush:

Notice I did do nearly all of the simulated roller-coaster rides, just not real coasters.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I always worry I'm going to lose my shoes.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I'm afraid I'll lose my baseball cap, even tho I'm usually sitting on it, stand up coasters usually pose proplem tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM
I don't like roller coasters because I have a fear of losing my glasses on them, and I'm blind without my glasses. :blush:

Notice I did do nearly all of the simulated roller-coaster rides, just not real coasters.

The roller coaster is in the dark.  Not wearing glasses won't distract from the experience.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2012, 04:15:50 PM
Rides not ridden by Cal due to being a pussy:
Space Mountain @ Magic Kingdom
Rockin' Rollercoaster @ Hollywood Studios
Expedition Everest @ Animal Kingdom
Primeval Whirl @ Animal Kingdom
Splash Mountain @ Magic Kingdom
What the fuck!

Dude, those rides are awesome.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Lamest Excuse EVER!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Princesca

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 29, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
What the fuck!

I wanted to ride them but not by myself. I did end up riding Primeval Whirl and Splash Mountain. I loved the sensation on PW of screaming down hills and launching right into spins... though I'm pretty sure I got whiplash of every possible variety. It was fun!
"You know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two hundred years back. My gosh, we were idiots." - Joker, Mass Effect 2

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 29, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
What the fuck!

Yeah, those are pretty much the best rides in the entire complex.  Cal, please tell me you at least drank through the Epcot pavilions.

Admiral Yi

What's a simulated roller coaster? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2012, 08:12:04 PM
What's a simulated roller coaster? :unsure:

You sit in a chair that jerks around while images on the screen in front of you come at you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

So Cal paid a grand to play arcade games?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2012, 08:21:24 PM
The Mars mission is incredibly intense, they even have a warning for people with heart conditions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Princesca

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2012, 08:21:24 PM

He did ride the Dinosaur! ride with me, and that thing was crazy. I am certain that we'd have all been thrown from the vehicle if it wasn't for the lap bar/belt. It was so intense that my legs were all trembly after. It seems that Disney is moving more and more toward simulator rides. And why not, I guess... no track to maintain, total immersion...
"You know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two hundred years back. My gosh, we were idiots." - Joker, Mass Effect 2

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson