Disney World AAR

Started by Caliga, April 20, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Cal's teacher said that her pubic hair was getting gray. Impressionable Cal.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

me = home (got in at 5:30 AM this morning).  AAR to follow later.

Caliga

DISNEY WORLD AAR
Part I: The Ride Report

Rides Cal went on more than once:
Star Tours @ Hollywood Studios - six times
Soarin' @ Epcot - twice
Kilimanjaro Safaris @ Animal Kingdom - twice
The Haunted Mansion @ Magic Kingdom - twice

Other awesome rides I would have ridden multiple times if I'd had more time:
Kali River Rapids @ Animal Kingdom
DINOSAUR @ Animal Kingdom
Mission: Space @ Epcot
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin @ Magic Kingdom

Good rides not worth doing multiple times:
Carousel of Progress @ Magic Kingdom
It's A Small World @ Magic Kingdom..... for some strange reason :hmm:
Pirates of the Caribbean @ Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise @ Magic Kingdom
Spaceship Earth @ Epcot
Universe of Energy @ Epcot
Living With The Land @ Epcot
Maelstrom @ Epcot Norway Pavilion
Toy Story Midway Mania @ Hollywood Studios
Triceratop Spin @ Animal Kingdom
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover @ Magic Kingdom

Rides that ranged from 'lame' to 'really suck and wtf was Disney thinking':

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh @ Magic Kingdom (Disney replaced Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with THIS pile of dogshit?!? :ultra: )
Peter Pan's Flight @ Magic Kindgom (snoozefest)
Stitch's Great Escape! @ Magic Kingdom (this ride caused me both physical pain and mental distress due to its extreme suckitude  :mad: )
Journey into Imagination with Figment @ Epcot (lame except for the Eric Idle cameo)
The Seas With Nemo and Friends @ Epcot (boring unless you're 2 years old)
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros @ Epcot Mexico Pavilion (I appreciated the racist jokes about Mexico, but otherwise dull)
The Great Movie Ride @ Hollywood Studios (should have been cooler, but fell flat somehow)
Studio Backlot Tour @ Hollywood Studios (parts of this were neat, but there was too much downtime and driving through the Disney World dressmakers' shop wasn't as cool as you might think  :sleep:)
Snow White's Scary Adventures @ Magic Kingdom (baby shit)

Rides not ridden by Cal due to being a pussy:
Space Mountain @ Magic Kingdom
Rockin' Rollercoaster @ Hollywood Studios
Expedition Everest @ Animal Kingdom
Primeval Whirl @ Animal Kingdom
Splash Mountain @ Magic Kingdom

Neil

Cal's AAR is incredibly useful, as my wife is planning a visit to Los Angeles and informed me that Disney would be on the agenda.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2012, 04:33:52 PM
Cal's AAR is incredibly useful, as my wife is planning a visit to Los Angeles and informed me that Disney would be on the agenda.
Ok, but keep in mind that not all of the Disney World rides have analogs at Disneyland.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Princesca

Yes, my three year old niece rode Splash Mountain, but Cal wouldn't...  :rolleyes:

As for Stitch's Great Escape... I have never had a ride where I was sitting stationary make me want to throw up before, so this one was a first. Sometimes, you should believe what you read on the Internet.  :yuk:
"You know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two hundred years back. My gosh, we were idiots." - Joker, Mass Effect 2

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2012, 04:34:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2012, 04:33:52 PM
Ok, but keep in mind that not all of the Disney World rides have analogs at Disneyland.
I've been informed of this.  And apparently the reverse holds true as well.

She was there in the 90s (whereas I was there in the 80s), and she hates you for dissing the Peter Pan ride and the Winnie the Pooh thing.  I just question why you were afraid of Space Mountain.  Isn't it just a fairly tame roller coaster in the dark?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Princesca

I was really shocked by how differently I felt about Magic Kingdom compared to the last time I visited. The last time I was there was 1993, so I was about 18, and I had so many fond memories of Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion... I don't know if it's because we front-loaded all the "grownup" parks or what, but my overall reaction to Magic Kingdom this time was just "meh", except for the fireworks spectacular at the end. That was probably the most "magical" part of the trip for me... but I didn't feel any real desire to ride anything in MK more than once, or to go back a second day.
"You know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two hundred years back. My gosh, we were idiots." - Joker, Mass Effect 2

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson

Princesca

PS Cal in the "pussy" category you forgot Tower of Terror.  <_<

Razgovory

Dude, even I did Space Mountain.  And I don't even like Roller coasters and I'm afraid of heights.  And crowds.  And space.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017