Started by Razgovory, April 13, 2012, 01:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Life finds a way."
--Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on April 13, 2012, 09:15:17 AM
"Evolution is cleverer than you are."

I fail to see how this is relevant unless gays are able to metabolize proteins that straights are not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 09:23:22 AM
"Life finds a way."

Well, I don't think they are going to turn into Dinosaurs.  If I recall from that novel, the opposite was happening.  Female animals were spontaneously turning male (due to sloppy genetics) thus allowing breeding pairs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 13, 2012, 01:19:58 AM
I think that designer babies would lead to a reduction in genetic diversity as people favoured "good" genes over the "bad". Such a reduction would reduce the survivability of the species in the long term.
Yeah.  And it wouldn't be long before someone like Jordan created a gay baby they can go shopping with :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

It's the woman's body. She can kill it but she can't design it? Fuck that.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2012, 09:27:26 AM

I fail to see how this is relevant unless gays are able to metabolize proteins that straights are not.

It is relevant because it is a simple explanation why all forms of eugenics, social darwinism and attempts at designing homo superior. Furthermore the idea that gentic engineering can cure gayness is also a misunderstaniding on the nature of the effects of genes (I'm taking no position on the genetic origin of gheyness, for that I refer you to [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation]twin studies[/url]). The best way to put it is that every gene affects everything. Curing the ghey might give you diabetes, cancer or premature balding.

There are a few cases of single mutations/genes that can be removed or replaced which will remove succeptability to a particular disease or genetic mutation.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2012, 09:33:42 AM
Yeah.  And it wouldn't be long before someone like Jordan created a gay baby they can go shopping with :bleeding:

Whose Jordan?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
"Life finds a way."

Well, I don't think they are going to turn into Dinosaurs.  If I recall from that novel, the opposite was happening.  Female animals were spontaneously turning male (due to sloppy genetics) thus allowing breeding pairs.

Sharks do it.  Some species of shark females can spontaneously pop out future Mono appetizers by themselves.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2012, 09:47:59 AM

Whose Jordan?

She belongs to the world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on April 13, 2012, 09:49:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2012, 09:47:59 AM

Whose Jordan?

She belongs to the world.
:lol:

Katie Price:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on April 13, 2012, 09:45:34 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2012, 09:27:26 AM

It is relevant because it is a simple explanation why all forms of eugenics, social darwinism and attempts at designing homo superior. Furthermore the idea that gentic engineering can cure gayness is also a misunderstaniding on the nature of the effects of genes (I'm taking no position on the genetic origin of gheyness, for that I refer you to [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation]twin studies[/url]). The best way to put it is that every gene affects everything. Curing the ghey might give you diabetes, cancer or premature balding.

There are a few cases of single mutations/genes that can be removed or replaced which will remove succeptability to a particular disease or genetic mutation.

Well, I didn't actually designate it as genetic.  As I point outed out in the OP, it's not actually known.  It's very likely the result of a certain balance of hormones in womb.  Are you arguing that all attempts to alter a child in the womb are destine to failure?  That attempts to prevent say, birth defects are folly?

Or does the question itself make you uncomfortable?  I could see why it would.  If you don't want to participate in the discussion on those grounds, I understand.  I knew the question had uncomfortable ramifications when I asked it.  I think the question bothers Marty as well.

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2012, 09:58:29 AM
:lol:

Katie Price:

You really are so truely ghey. Any self respecting male would have show her boobs as well.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 09:48:19 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
"Life finds a way."

Sharks do it.  Some species of shark females can spontaneously pop out future Mono appetizers by themselves.

I don't think lesbians will be evolve parthenogenesis anytime soon.   Marty is even less likely.

Sheilbh

I'm respecting her choice to move from glamour model Jordan to reality TV star Katie Price. 

And she got her boobs reduced.

QuoteI don't think lesbians will be evolve parthenogenesis anytime soon.
Lord knows what they're up to.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Katie Price?

Wait this woman named her daughter Princess Tiaamii Crystal Esther Andre?  That just screams trashy person.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."