Are gays overrepresented among horror story creators and if so why?

Started by Martinus, April 09, 2012, 03:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 09, 2012, 07:38:23 PM
You can't have it. :blurgh:

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

This thread is so much worse than anything Tim or Lettow have ever done.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 05:18:36 PM
Why is so many historical figures get pegged as gay?  So and So never married so we chalk him up as gay.  Couldn't that person by just asexual, or really shy, or into dogs, or a child molester?  Why do we always assume gay?  There are plenty of forms of Paraphilia, why focus on only this one?  Or is this somehow "empowering".  An important historical person that gays want to claim as their own.

It is pretty easy since the concept of being heterosexual versus homosexual is a pretty recent invention.  Since nobody comes out and says 'I am not gay' or 'I am gay' you just sorta have to guess.  Since nobody knew at the time that having sex with men, or not having sex with them, meant you had this profound identity meaning they did not make it very clear to posterity.

I mean it wasn't like Augustus Caesar ever worried when he was banging whoever that someday people would be trying to catagorize him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
This thread is so much worse than anything Tim or Lettow have ever done.

Let's not lose our heads and go crazy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2012, 09:02:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 05:18:36 PM
Why is so many historical figures get pegged as gay?  So and So never married so we chalk him up as gay.  Couldn't that person by just asexual, or really shy, or into dogs, or a child molester?  Why do we always assume gay?  There are plenty of forms of Paraphilia, why focus on only this one?  Or is this somehow "empowering".  An important historical person that gays want to claim as their own.

It is pretty easy since the concept of being heterosexual versus homosexual is a pretty recent invention.  Since nobody comes out and says 'I am not gay' or 'I am gay' you just sorta have to guess.  Since nobody knew at the time that having sex with men, or not having sex with them, meant you had this profound identity meaning they did not make it very clear to posterity.

I mean it wasn't like Augustus Caesar ever worried when he was banging whoever that someday people would be trying to catagorize him.

Yes, but why do they get labeled "gay"?  Why not a kiddie fucker or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 09:04:36 PM

Beats me.  Marty himself once said you cannot really call anybody "gay" until Oscar Wilde or something like that.  But it doesn't stop him :P

He probably just does it to fuck with us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2012, 09:05:57 PM

Beats me.  Marty himself once said you cannot really call anybody "gay" until Oscar Wilde or something like that.  But it doesn't stop him :P

He's not the only one though. When a historical figure has questionable history with women they often get labeled gay.  Especially if they are important.  People theorize that Issac Newton might have been gay.  Nobody theorizes that Issac Newton was a child molester.  Or that he was a repressed dog fucker.  Seems odd to me.

garbon

Or like wilde he loves inconsistency.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 09:10:37 PM

Or like wilde he loves inconsistency.

Or that he can't remember what he said from day to day.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2012, 03:50:29 PM
Joel Schumacher, the director of Lost Boys and few other horror flics is gay

:lol:
You left out his most horrific work, Batman & Robin.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 04:48:17 PM
You know, I think Marty's on to something here.

For instance, I think gays are definitely overrepresented in Tchaikovsky. 

I mean, look at the evidence:

1) Pyotr = Peter
2) Ilyich = has same # of syllables as "I like dick"
3) Tchaikovsky = rhymes with TchaiCOCKSky
4) 1812 Overture:  The 18 and the 12, when done a certain way as shadow puppets, looks like two guys engaged in missionary anal sex.

And c'mon:  The NUTcracker Suite?

And don't forget the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies, arguably the single gayest name in the cannon of western music.