John has a long mustache - Edward the Asshole plans to invade Normandy

Started by Ed Anger, April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2015, 07:39:12 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2015, 07:23:46 AM
Anglo-Saxons mixing up sex with gender, as always :(  :frog:  :lol:

The Normans tried to show us the light but ultimately failed :weep:

Cas sujet and cas régime, the two-case system of medieval Langue d'oïl was maybe a bit too much.  :hmm:

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2015, 07:40:11 AM
Wait does this mean all Americans are Anglo-Saxons even if they are ethnically Japanese or something? Woah.

Yes, you're all the same to us. Makes it easier to apply stereotypes.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on June 15, 2015, 07:38:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2015, 07:25:55 AM

I'm confused. Why would you drill down to Anglo-Saxons which is clearly a mistaken way of describing Cal's ancestry?

He is not an American?

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I'm confused. Why would you drill down to Anglo-Saxons which is clearly a mistaken way of describing Cal's ancestry?

He is not an American?
I do have Anglo-Saxon ancestry but it's a definite minority contribution.  I'm mostly of German heritage, and more of what's not German is Scottish, Scots-Irish, and Welsh.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

He is neither an Angle or a Saxon. He is German ok? Geez learn something about ethnicity people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2015, 09:59:44 AM
He is neither an Angle or a Saxon. He is German ok? Geez learn something about ethnicity people.

So German in all but name. Verstanden! :)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2015, 09:47:33 AM

He is not an American?

Either I'm missing something here (entirely possible) or applying 'Anglo-Saxon' as an umbrella term to the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia etc is just a Dutch thing.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maladict on June 15, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
Either I'm missing something here (entirely possible) or applying 'Anglo-Saxon' as an umbrella term to the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia etc is just a Dutch thing.

It used to be ok in the US, but then the ethnics got all uppity.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Someone should tell the Republicans everyone who makes it to US soil is an Anglo-Saxon.  It might ease tensions around the immigration issue.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maladict on June 15, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2015, 09:47:33 AM

He is not an American?

That went out of style about 30 plus years ago when it became apparent the descriptor Anglo-Saxon didn't cover large portions of the population.

Caliga

I believe there are actually more Americans of German descent than English/Anglo-Saxon descent. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points