John has a long mustache - Edward the Asshole plans to invade Normandy

Started by Ed Anger, April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM
QuoteHowever it is believed to be one of the two mills to be given to Hugues, Bishop of Avranches by Robert the Magnificent, Duke of Normandy after his pilgrimage to the area in the 10th century.

I can pretend to be a noble and wear my Burger King crown.

You've been playing too much CK2 :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 08, 2012, 09:18:31 PM
QuoteHowever it is believed to be one of the two mills to be given to Hugues, Bishop of Avranches by Robert the Magnificent, Duke of Normandy after his pilgrimage to the area in the 10th century.

You've been playing too much CK2 :P

Liege is short and a Hungarian -50
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Why buy in the North?  If you are going to buy a property in France go South or at least if you are going to buy somewhere in the north at least buy some property near where they make good wine.

And whatever you are budgeting in time and money for renovations (and there will be renovations needed) double the money and triple the time - and that is if you hire someone in the town for an outrageous sum to manage the whole thing for you during the renos and while you are away.  If you dont do this then all estimates are worthless.

11B4V

That comment is bullshit w/o a pic. I dare you. The challenge is made.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on April 09, 2012, 09:31:37 AM

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on April 09, 2012, 09:31:37 AM

Challenge? From a Languish pleb? *snort*

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

stjaba

Seems like you could accomplish the same thing at 5-10% of the price and hassle by buying a time share.

Ed Anger

stjaba

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2012, 06:53:11 PM
I don't do time shares. EVER.

I agree as a concept they are somewhat lame, but buying, maintaining, and renting out a foreign property has got to be a tremendous pain in the ass. I think even bringing your entire family out there will cost a crapload of money each time. Truthfully, I would just rent out a place if I were you. You may say you love Normandy now, but what about in a couple years? A time-share is a nice compromise between buying a property and just renting a place each time you head out there.