News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cell Phones: Quo vadis?

Started by CountDeMoney, April 03, 2012, 06:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I have 32gb as it is also my iPod. Will be moving up to 64gb when upgrade to the 5.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2012, 05:38:57 PM
I have 32gb as it is also my iPod. Will be moving up to 64gb when upgrade to the 5.

How much memory does your iTunes suck up on that?

I wouldn't be using it for iTunes as much, as I have a 160GB iPod.

Lucidor

3.5" - and that's the only size. :-/

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:40:18 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2012, 05:38:57 PM

How much memory does your iTunes suck up on that?

I wouldn't be using it for iTunes as much, as I have a 160GB iPod.
Quick check shows I have 15gb=2600 songs. Which is like 1/3 of my library. If I hadn't lost my iPod I would too be depending on that.
I also have a few episodes of walking dead, 1000 pictures as well on here and have 2.5 gb of space left.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2012, 03:03:08 PM
I use a Wally World Straight Talk phone for calls from family.  Verizon network and no contract.

You're so full of shit.  Your entire brood is fitting out with iPhones, with iPad back-ups.  And you know it.

I have a samsung t401 with keyboard for easy texting.

The phone I use for bidness is a crackberry.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2012, 06:23:00 PM

The phone I use for bidness is a crackberry.

But you are retired!

Siege

Life was much better before cellphones.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

frunk

Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2012, 05:38:30 PM
Send shorter text messages :)

Having come from using a shackleberry for years at my work, I agree that having haptic feedback is better... but you get used to it, you really do. At least I do.

It's not a matter of getting used to it.  I can use the screen based, it just isn't nearly as fast or accurate.

Brazen

Go for the latest, greatest HTC Android. Currently on my second, a Desire, will probably see what HTC's cooking up when I'm due for renewal in August.

DontSayBanana

Honestly, Blackberry sounds like your best bet, Seedy.  You've already been using one, so little to no learning curve if you get a newer one, and they're probably the only phone maker out there who still put physical keyboards on as a default feature.  Honestly, I survived just fine on a Blackberry Pearl for quite a while (it was cheap, shaddup).

As far as T-Mobile, their customer service tanked in the past year.  I was with them from 2006 until last year, and the shenanigans led to them disconnecting my phone and wanting *me* to pay for their screwup to reactivate it.  Since then, I've been Verizon, who have gotten much, much better since the bad old days of 2005.
Experience bij!

Jaron

Why the F would they...sever you?!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Cal, do you have issues with battery life on your Atrix after the last update?  I used to be able to leave the WiFi on along with everything else, and was still getting 7-8 hours per charge with moderate use.  Immediately after that update, well...shit...today I forgot to turn the WiFi off, and after 3 hours I was down to 30% without even using the thing. 

What's the dealio?

CountDeMoney

So I did it.

I joined the hipsters.  :blush: