News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cell Phones: Quo vadis?

Started by CountDeMoney, April 03, 2012, 06:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 07:48:34 AM
OK, so I've been stuffing my iHipster with all these nifty apps I always wanted:

News: BBC News, NYTimes, WashPost, MSNBC, The Hill, The Economist, NPR News, Al Jazeera Eengrish, China Daily, Bloomberg, ESPN ScoreCenter, Politico, The Baltimore Sun, Channel 11 WBAL (mobtown)
I put in Stitcher, haven't messed with it yet.

Entertainment:  Pandora, Netflix, the TiVO app, Verizon FIOS Remote, Dusk for EVE Online, WoW Armory

Utilities:  the Flashlight

What do you guys use?  Any recommendations?

One of these:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

lulz, I bought a couple more cases, simply to accessorize:

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 09:11:12 AM
lulz, I bought a couple more cases, simply to accessorize:

As bad as marty.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Dude, you knew that would happen.

CountDeMoney

Hey, anybody know how I get Siri to call me "Daddy"?

CountDeMoney

I picked up a clock app called "Nautical Bells", rings off the traditional ship's bells for time.

I feel like grumbler's going to come on the bridge at any time and yell at me.

Brazen

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 06, 2012, 01:11:20 AM
Hey Cal, do you have issues with battery life on your Atrix after the last update?  I used to be able to leave the WiFi on along with everything else, and was still getting 7-8 hours per charge with moderate use.  Immediately after that update, well...shit...today I forgot to turn the WiFi off, and after 3 hours I was down to 30% without even using the thing. 

What's the dealio?
Sorry dude, I just saw this post now.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like it drains a little quicker, but for me it's not that big a deal since I always charge my Atrix in the morning for about an hour (as part of my normal morning routine), and while I'm at work I have it plugged in to my Blackberry charger (since they are interchangeable) for a good portion of the day.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on April 18, 2012, 05:32:39 AM
Saw this and thought of you Seedy. This iPhone case can stop a .50 calibre bullet.

:lol: Daddy Want.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Stupid Words With Friends.  :mad:

Should be called Crack With Friends.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2012, 12:17:10 PM
Stupid Words With Friends.  :mad:

Should be called Crack With Friends.  :mad:

:lol:

Dubya has a scrabble addiction.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 05:47:23 PM
So I did it.

I joined the hipsters.  :blush:

So.  "Made in [PR]China," eh?

Speaking of which, is there a phone actually manufactured in the U.S. or other non-evil country?  I assume a lot of components are going to be made in a Dengist slave labor shop no matter what, but I can live with final assembly in a nation with at least marginal labor protections.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)