News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ALBERTA: Provincial Elections!

Started by PRC, April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Albertan Provincial Elections? Cast your vote!  (See Below for Party Leader Images & Policy Synopsis)

Alberta Liberal Party
3 (17.6%)
Alberta New Democratic Party
1 (5.9%)
Alberta Party
0 (0%)
Alberta Social Credit Party
0 (0%)
Communist Party - Alberta
3 (17.6%)
Evergreen Party of Alberta
0 (0%)
Separation Party of Alberta
2 (11.8%)
Wildrose Alliance Party
8 (47.1%)
Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 21, 2012, 01:04:31 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2012, 12:39:10 AM
I think you, me (and PRC) are roughly in the same boat - not liking the PCs, right of centre, but not sure we can trust Wildrose.
In Federal politics I'll swing right of centre but in Provincial politics I swing left.  In my five years here I've come to love Alberta... but at heart I'm still just a kid from the Island.
Yeah, leftism in provincial and federal politics is two different things.  Federal leftists don't make any sense to vote for, as they want to shut Alberta down for the greater glory of Ontario and Quebec.  Provincial leftists for the most part aren't outright traitors.  Brian Mason will raise royalty rates, but he won't shut the oilpatch down.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2012, 12:39:10 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2012, 12:13:21 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2012, 11:41:31 PM
You can't possibly vote for a trade unionist.   :mad:
Between that and the fact that his party leader is a woman and a supporter of the teacher's union, I would think that I won't be voting Tory.
I think you, me (and PRC) are roughly in the same boat - not liking the PCs, right of centre, but not sure we can trust Wildrose.
Yeah, although I'm actually fairly certain I can't trust Wildrose.  And that puts me in a tough position.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

The Wildrose Alliance is bad for Canadian unity, according to Coderre (Liberal Party of Canada, in case you forgot ;) ).

Be it know Wildrose supporters: you are one step from being branded anti-canadian and closet seperatist.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2012, 04:13:24 PM
The Wildrose Alliance is bad for Canadian unity, according to Coderre (Liberal Party of Canada, in case you forgot ;) ).

Be it know Wildrose supporters: you are one step from being branded anti-canadian and closet seperatist.

:shifty:

Sounds like it could be the most interesting election in Alberta in the last 20 years.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

NOt really following this. But, is there any hope chance that Wildrose and Cons split vote and elect a Liberal of NDP-er?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 23, 2012, 04:39:58 PM
NOt really following this. But, is there any hope chance that Wildrose and Cons split vote and elect a Liberal of NDP-er?

No.  Wildrose and PCs are the top two parties.  Plus the left is also divided with the Alberta party splitting the Liberal vote, and the NDP just not being very strong.

What could happen of course is a minority government, and Redford has indicated she is open to working with the Liberals / NDP (but not Wildrose).

Neil

And, to be fair, Redford is attracting a number of Liberal voters to her, which means that the Liberals are actually splitting three ways.

Why would Coderre think that a his voice would carry any weight whatsoever in an Alberta election?  If anything, a proper Albertan would conclude that anything that a federal Liberal is against must be a good thing, since that party has been unrelenting in their enmity towards the West and most especially Alberta.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on April 23, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
Did you both go out and vote?
I'm going to go with my wife this evening.  The problem is that I'm still undecided, as all of the parties oppose are attempting to damage my interests, either through corruption, having a woman leader, deregulation, support for the teachers union, a pro-family policy or espousing policies that college kids would like.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 23, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
Did you both go out and vote?

Just got home, little guy is napping.  Once he wakes up we'll go as a family.

crazy canuck

What is it with Parliamentary pages and the need to protest?

crazy canuck

alright, now we know what Coderre was on about.  Iggy is coming out now warning of Quebec separation.  It appears the Federal Liberals have decided to play to their strength.  The one party that stands for a centralized Canada.

The problem for them is I think Canada has moved beyond that Liberal vision of the country.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
What is it with Parliamentary pages and the need to protest?
Attention whores need attention.

Admiral Yi

Have there ever been any Injun parties in Canada?