Chinese insider: China playing, and winning, zero-sum game with US

Started by Kleves, April 02, 2012, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:36:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2012, 01:56:55 AM
Well, the civil servant, fluent in two languages, married to a Chinese woman part.

I guess I can just be jealous of Jacob if you want.  Two out of three ain't bad.

Meh, being jealous of Mono is about as compelling as hating on a brick wall.  Nigga just don't click.

Now Jacob, that's a rat bastard your hate can sink its teeth into.

Okay, this post came back to me so I have to ask... why me? There are guys who make more money and/or get laid more. It can't be fluency in Danish (:lol:). Am I really that much more of a smug condescending bastard than anyone else here? Because the competition is pretty stiff.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 04, 2012, 12:13:22 AM
Am I really that much more of a smug condescending bastard than anyone else here? Because the competition is pretty stiff.

:yeahright:

I love ya Jake -but you're the Languish King of condescending bastards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:36:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2012, 01:56:55 AM
Well, the civil servant, fluent in two languages, married to a Chinese woman part.

I guess I can just be jealous of Jacob if you want.  Two out of three ain't bad.

Meh, being jealous of Mono is about as compelling as hating on a brick wall.  Nigga just don't click.

Now Jacob, that's a rat bastard your hate can sink its teeth into.

Okay, this post came back to me so I have to ask... why me? There are guys who make more money and/or get laid more. It can't be fluency in Danish (:lol:). Am I really that much more of a smug condescending bastard than anyone else here? Because the competition is pretty stiff.

You date more Asian chicks and are one of the few men with better hair than me.  What, you need more reasons than that?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 12:16:59 AM
Am I really that much more of a smug condescending bastard than anyone else here? Because the competition is pretty stiff.

:yeahright:

I love ya Jake -but you're the Languish King of condescending bastards.

You're not too shabby yourself, Crown Prince Persecutor.  :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 12:36:32 AM
BB's possibly the least condescending Canuck here.  :hmm:

All Canucks, by their very nature, are condescending.  It's part of their European monarchist heritage. 

And besides, they're up there all the time, above us, looking down.

Grey Fox

CC is pretty condescending. It must be the drugs in Vancouver's water.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:03:11 PM
The Chinese ability to acquire information is also tremendously low tech, but it works.  And speaking from my own personal experience at <insert major international science and medical institution here>, they're doing it the old-fashioned way: with people.  If it's not nailed down, it's uploaded.

That's consistent from what I've read and heard from attorneys representing companies that do business in China and have had problem with trade secrets theft.  And the conclusion I draw is that before writing out a blank check with space for 11 figures and hand over vast unchecked authority to federal cyber commands, we should consider how effective that effort is likely to be when it all can be circumvented by some guy walking in and out of an open door.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 09:07:23 AM
I thought G-dawg was grumbler. :unsure:

We really need to let Yi pick the nicknames.  Surely we can do better than G-dawg for grumbler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Nicknames are kind of superfluous anyway, as our handles are already nicknames.  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 09:23:33 AM
Nicknames are kind of superfluous anyway, as our handles are already nicknames.  :hmm:

Peter is your nickname?

I can see it now 'now batting for the White Sox 'Peter' Joe Jackson'.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 12:11:02 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2012, 09:39:50 PM
I've come to accept Canada's right to exist.

Bah, let Quebec secede, let everything else petition for US statehood and make it all a bunch of National Parks.
Why would we want to submit ourselves to the jurisdiction of your political system?  We'd never inflict that on ourselves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.