Chinese insider: China playing, and winning, zero-sum game with US

Started by Kleves, April 02, 2012, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

At some point you must become aware Lacroix is a sinophile, no lover of liberty, a cold person who struggles to feel human empathy, and someone who relishes an argument for its own sake besides

it is disingenuous for him to speak of China becoming less evil or the chinamen having nicer things- he is simply in it to carry water for the odious forces of the PRC

Edit: I have been forced to break away with the Ide faction over the Japan issue. Equating Japan with the yellow hordes is intolerable, and even more so is whitewashing the despicable crimes of the cabal upon the potomac against the holy sacred isles
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

LaCroix

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2012, 11:26:48 PM
Continuous pressure and hostility seemed to work for Japan.

there you go, advocating nuclear bombardment again ;)

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 02, 2012, 11:02:18 PM
Right, no sonnet for Johnny-on-the-dole. Bite the hand that feeds all your life, will you? No wonder you're on the dole.

Anyhow, there seems to be some concern over who is and isn't evil, and I am happy to clear that up. Because everything is nuanced and delicate, there is a sliding scale. Green: The Good Guys
Purple: Mostly good but not among The Elect
Orange: don't trust these people
Red: Oh god its evil help

Of course, many countries don't merit labeling for this discussion, so this is hardly all-inclusive. What is important is that it has been scientifically demonstrated that Taiwan would be downgraded two whole levels of Wholesomeness were it to fall into the depraved hands of Fu Manchu.

Any map that recognizes god-damn porkchops as "the Good Guys" is no map I can recognize. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I'm getting the urge to hit lettow.  I should probably call it a night.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2012, 11:17:53 PM
You know I still envy the hell out of you, right? :hug:

You envy someone who lives under a regime that you loath?   ;)

Seriously, you should envy Lemonjello. 

Ideologue

Well, the civil servant, fluent in two languages, married to a Chinese woman part.

I guess I can just be jealous of Jacob if you want.  Two out of three ain't bad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2012, 01:56:55 AM
Well, the civil servant, fluent in two languages, married to a Chinese woman part.

I guess I can just be jealous of Jacob if you want.  Two out of three ain't bad.

Are you jealous of me?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2012, 11:09:25 PM
Neil used the Power Cosmic to fuse he and Tim together so as to create an ideal soldier in the neverending moderator-admin war against CdM.

That's OK, I can summon the power of Grumbler the Grey's logical necromancy.  YOU SHALL NOT POST

CountDeMoney

Meh, being jealous of Mono is about as compelling as hating on a brick wall.  Nigga just don't click.

Now Jacob, that's a rat bastard your hate can sink its teeth into.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2012, 04:36:54 PM
One serious problem that China has to grapple with is their educational system.  By some estimates, up to 70% of Chinese students are outside of the top 30%.  I don't see that situation correcting itself any time soon.

Almost as bad as at least 49% of people being below average.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Quote from: LaCroix on April 02, 2012, 09:30:38 PM
not comparable. if southern china is part of china, or northwestern, then why not tibet. taiwan is a breakaway rebellious province that deserves to be brought back into the fold hong kong-style
There is no "back into the fold". Taiwan was never a part of the PRC.

Ideologue

Quote from: Monoriu on April 03, 2012, 01:18:35 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2012, 11:17:53 PM
You know I still envy the hell out of you, right? :hug:

You envy someone who lives under a regime that you loath?   ;)

Seriously, you should envy Lemonjello.

Also, I'm not sure.  I mean, there's totalitarianism and overcrowding and a horrible tonal language with the world's worst writing system, and then there's living in Florida.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:36:41 AM

Meh, being jealous of Mono is about as compelling as hating on a brick wall.  Nigga just don't click.

Now Jacob, that's a rat bastard your hate can sink its teeth into.

:lol:
Kinemalogue