Woman goes to ER, kicked out for trespassing, dies in jail.

Started by jimmy olsen, April 02, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 02, 2012, 05:13:31 AM
The Republican Party approves this message.

Well she did what they wanted.  Died quickly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 02, 2012, 10:33:07 AM
Not sure what either one did wrong. Lady says her ankle hurts, which isn't really a hospital matter, i don't think, and so they ask her to leave. She doesn,'t so cops are called. Later she dies. Even if the hospital had treated her ankle she'd still die from the blood clot.

Don't be reasonable! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Not sure what either one did wrong. Lady says her ankle hurts, which isn't really a hospital matter, i don't think, and so they ask her to leave. She doesn,'t so cops are called. Later she dies. Even if the hospital had treated her ankle she'd still die from the blood clot.

Exactly who's matter is it when you have a part of your body hurting?  If they had treated her ankle, isn't it possible they would have found the blood clot?  I mean, that is the doctor's job isn't it?  To find out why what is wrong with a person.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

One thing that makes me a little suspicious about the article is how they put "Mom" in the headline rather than "woman".   
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 10:44:09 AM
Exactly who's matter is it when you have a part of your body hurting?  If they had treated her ankle, isn't it possible they would have found the blood clot?  I mean, that is the doctor's job isn't it?  To find out why what is wrong with a person.

Man I have found this to be a big problem even going to doctors outside the ER.  Unless I am able to ask the right question they often will not look at me too closely and naturally often miss things.  There is some sort fo law that they cannot spend more than a few minutes with a patient it seems like sometimes.  I mean are we really supposed to expect a mentally ill homeless person to accurately self diagnose?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

My understanding is that the hospital ER room did treat her ankle, but, as you say, she still died of the blood clots.

ER rooms cannot deal with long-term health issues.  They deal with emergencies (hence the name).  Having blood clots is not an emergency situation, it is a long-term one.

A tragic situation, but I don't see how it could have been avoided, without changing the entire health care system to force people like this to see their doctors, and forcing others to pay for those visits.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I have a suspicion that if she didn't have a home, she didn't have a regular doctor either.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 11:58:41 AM
I have a suspicion that if she didn't have a home, she didn't have a regular doctor either.

Ron Paul would say she exercised her rights not to have either.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 02, 2012, 11:42:55 AM
My understanding is that the hospital ER room did treat her ankle, but, as you say, she still died of the blood clots.

ER rooms cannot deal with long-term health issues.  They deal with emergencies (hence the name).  Having blood clots is not an emergency situation, it is a long-term one.

A tragic situation, but I don't see how it could have been avoided, without changing the entire health care system to force people like this to see their doctors, and forcing others to pay for those visits.

Agreed all around. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2012, 11:14:44 AM
One thing that makes me a little suspicious about the article is how they put "Mom" in the headline rather than "woman".

This becoming a thing with you isn't it?

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 02, 2012, 11:59:23 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 11:58:41 AM

Ron Paul would say she exercised her rights not to have either.

It was also her right to have that tornado destroy her house.  She apparently lived for some time in Berkley.  My Dad is from Berkley!  It's a real shit whole.  Richmond Heights on the other hand is pretty nice.

Jacob

Well... she probably chose not to afford whore pills.

Razgovory

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 12:03:31 PM

This becoming a thing with you isn't it?

Has been for a while.  If it were a guy who technically happened to have fathered children, do you think they would have used "Dad" in the headline??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 10:44:09 AM

If you got to a doctor or hospital becasue your ankle hurts they can't be expected to run a full battery of tests to see what else you may have. They would never work in a real world enviroment. grumbler says taht her ankle was indeed treated, in which case i really can't see what the hospital or the police did wrong.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.