News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coup Rumours in China

Started by Jacob, March 21, 2012, 11:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

So I've been reading a bit in the Epoch Times (the Falun Gong newspaper  :ph34r:). Seems they expect Zhou Yongkang to go down in pretty short order (unless, I assume, this coup thing is actually something).

DGuller

Not surprising that there is a bit of instability in China after Kim Jong-un was assassinated there.

Monoriu

I haven't heard anything in HK.  Everything is normal.  Sounds like some internet rumour.  This is a particularly sensitive year as there will be a scheduled leadership change.  So I am not surprised if there are more rumours than usual. 

I don't trust the Falun Gong newspaper.  Every now and then they say that millions or so-and-so has left the party. 

Jacob

Yeah, the Epoch people do seem to end everything with some little bit about Falun Gong.

That said, they claim to have predicted the fall of Bo Xilai in early Feb:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/opinion/arrest-of-chongqing-s-top-cop-suggests-city-s-communist-party-leader-in-jeopardy-190016.html

They're also predicting that Zhou Yongkang is going to go down over this: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/opinion/why-zhou-yongkang-is-doomed-to-follow-bo-xilai-207924-page-2.html

But yeah, the Epoch/ Falun Gong agenda is reasonably clear... but it's a pretty good source of English language analysis, it seems. I'd be happy to if you can point me at other sources.

Monoriu

Well, tons of people predicted Bo's fall after Wang's arrest.  I haven't heard anybody talk about Zhou. 

I am not familiar with the English sources, because I read the Chinese newspapers  ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 01:00:34 AM
because I read the Chinese newspapers  ;)

Quote from: MonoriuEverything is normal.  Sounds like some internet rumour. 

Monoriu

The HK newspapers can be quite critical of the Beijing regime. 

Eddie Teach

That's what they want you to think.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Someone care to give an exec summary on this?

Richard Hakluyt

One boring group of guys in suits may be supplanting another boring group of guys in suits, its very worrying  :hmm:

Monoriu

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 22, 2012, 05:10:29 AM
One boring group of guys in suits may be supplanting another boring group of guys in suits, its very worrying  :hmm:

One boring group of guys replacing another is much better than one guy ruling until his death. 

Monoriu

I just read up a bit on Zhou Yongkang.  He is 69, almost 70.  He is due to step down this autumn anyway during the 18th Party Congress.  The rule is, if you are 67 or older during a party congress, you need to step down. 

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 05:24:34 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 22, 2012, 05:10:29 AM

One boring group of guys replacing another is much better than one guy ruling until his death.

Yes, they were a lot more memorable in the old days, but apart from that things have improved.

Crazy_Ivan80

i hope it's a coup banana split. with lots of whipped cream and chocolate.