News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coup Rumours in China

Started by Jacob, March 21, 2012, 11:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on March 22, 2012, 12:45:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 22, 2012, 12:22:53 PMI have a hard time feeling bad for you.  You're teaching Chinese people how to become spies and cybercriminals.  You're a bad person.
You have a hard time feeling bad for anyone, except possibly dreadnought captains.
That's not true.  What about Italian dreadnought captains?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 08:14:38 PM
It doesn't require a bleeding heart to be repulsed by demands for genocide.  In fact, what makes you different then those who want all Jews dead?

You can't be seriously equating jews with muslims.
How many planes have we flown into buildings, how many buses have we blown up, how many children and schools have we targeted?

You are a retard.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on March 22, 2012, 08:29:32 PM
It doesn't require a bleeding heart to be repulsed by demands for genocide.  In fact, what makes you different then those who want all Jews dead?

How many planes have we flown into buildings, how many buses have we blown up, how many children and schools have we targeted?

You are a retard.

Enough.  Ever heard of the King David Hotel?  With one statement you say you want "all Muslims dead"(which presumably includes children, as there are Muslim children), and in the next ask how many children Jews have targeted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

You are a retard.
How many Swedish counts have the Muslims murdered?  How many King David Hotels did they bomb?

Israel is reaping what it has sown.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2012, 02:46:38 PM
Both smoother than any other one party state has managed and smoother than the previous Chinese system.

It is because of Deng.  When he appointed Jiang as his successor, he also appointed the successor to Jiang at the same time.  That guy is Hu, the current president.  Hu is about 10 years younger than Jiang.  So in one stroke, he established the 10-year rule for each generation of leaders. 

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 08:47:00 PM
It is because of Deng.  When he appointed Jiang as his successor, he also appointed the successor to Jiang at the same time.  That guy is Hu, the current president.  Hu is about 10 years younger than Jiang.  So in one stroke, he established the 10-year rule for each generation of leaders.

The midget knew his shit.

Hu's decision was it to lose the Mao jackets?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2012, 08:56:13 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 08:47:00 PM

They stopped wearing them after John Lennon was shot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2012, 08:56:13 PM

Deng and his generation of leaders mostly wore those jackets.  Jiang wore both Mao-style and suits.  Hu mostly wears suits.  But he still wears Mao-style, especially during military events/reviews, when he needs to appear as Chairman of the military commission. 

Monoriu

Deng also set an important precedent in the way ousted leaders are treated.  In the Mao era, they were killed.  Deng overthrew Hua (Mao's appointed successor) to become paramount leader.  Very importantly, Hua was not physically harmed and he retained his personal freedom.  He even kept his ceremonial post in the party central committee for the next 20 years, until the 00s.  The party always made sure that he received a 100% yes vote in central committee elections (in recognition of his coup that ended the cultural revolution). 

The message is, it is ok to step down.  No need to fight to the death over it. 

Josquius

You are a retard.

Its not really my bag to go on about the evils of Israeli apartheid and other bollocks but.....There has been an awful lot of that sort of thing in Palestine.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 09:17:59 PM
Deng also set an important precedent in the way ousted leaders are treated.  In the Mao era, they were killed.  Deng overthrew Hua (Mao's appointed successor) to become paramount leader.  Very importantly, Hua was not physically harmed and he retained his personal freedom.  He even kept his ceremonial post in the party central committee for the next 20 years, until the 00s.  The party always made sure that he received a 100% yes vote in central committee elections (in recognition of his coup that ended the cultural revolution). 

I have to admit.  I admire Deng somewhat.  He is probably the greatest Chinese statesman of the last century.  I do admire pragmatism.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 22, 2012, 01:42:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2012, 12:02:40 PM
China has done a very good job of handling succession.

This could be taken at face value or facetiously; I'm not sure which is meant.

The Zhao-Jiang succession was not particularly smooth.  The Jiang-Hu succession went smoothly from the perception of the outside world but there may have been a lot of infighting behind the scenes.  The present turnover is already looking a bit on the rocky side.  I also would question whether any method of government succession that systematically eliminates the input of the governed can be called "good" in any meaningful sense.

Smoother then the Soviet method.

It also avoids the Brezhnev syndrome.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Monoriu

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

I have to admit.  I admire Deng somewhat.  He is probably the greatest Chinese statesman of the last century.  I do admire pragmatism.

You also know that he called the shots behind Tinanmen, right?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2012, 09:17:59 PM

:yes:
It should be his face on the money, not Mao's.

QuoteYou also know that he called the shots behind Tinanmen, right?
Name one Chinese leader that never massacred anyone.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help