2012 US Presidential Election Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2012, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 08:27:39 PM
You probably don't watch your President's speeches.

True, I don't need sleeping aids. I do pay attention to sound bites and news articles though and haven't seen anything too flashy.

Well except for maybe Holder asking for Obama to throw him under the bus.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 08:26:54 PM
Actually as a supporter of Willard, I hope Obama doesn't change a thing.

Of course you don't.  That would run counter to your Angry-Old-White-Guy-Who-Hates-Niggers-Women-and-Unions sympathies.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 08:37:47 PM

You don't want him to change a thing.  He fits perfectly as the Bad Guy(tm) in your world view right where he is, and how he's campaigning.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 08:26:54 PM
Actually as a supporter of Willard, I hope Obama doesn't change a thing.

Of course you don't.  That would run counter to your Angry-Old-White-Guy-Who-Hates-Niggers-Women-and-Unions sympathies.

I didnt know you hated "Teh Negros".
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 08:43:20 PM

You don't want him to change a thing.  He fits perfectly as the Bad Guy(tm) in your world view right where he is, and how he's campaigning.

No.  I don't want him to change the way he's campaigning because I think it decreases his chances of winning re-election.  If I were an Obama supporter (a non-delusional one) I'd be seriously pissed about how things are going so far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

In related news, Wes Clark has got a reality TV show.  And CdM supported him for president.  CdM's failure of judgement is exceeded only by Wes Clark's failure at life.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on June 21, 2012, 05:56:26 PM
What's puzzling to me is that Obama's campaign has been so sub-par to this early point.  I don't see him doing a whole lot to bring swing voters on board-- he just seems to be targeting small elements of his base. 
Yeah.  He's running a dreadful campaign so far that could lose.  It's like he's given the campaign to the lovechild of Mark Penn and Bob Shrum :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Rumors are that Debbie Marblemouth Schultz might get booted as DNC Chair.  If they're smart, they'll replace her with another Ed Rendell-type.

Faeelin

Quote from: KRonn on June 21, 2012, 08:11:01 PM
War on women campaign seems cynical and needlessly divisive, and hasn't seemed to have gained him in the polls with women.

Has this changed that much?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/poll-women-voters-abandon-gop-in-key-battleground-states.php

derspiess

Quote from: Faeelin on June 25, 2012, 12:07:21 PM
Quote from: KRonn on June 21, 2012, 08:11:01 PM
War on women campaign seems cynical and needlessly divisive, and hasn't seemed to have gained him in the polls with women.

Has this changed that much?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/poll-women-voters-abandon-gop-in-key-battleground-states.php

Appears so.  Latest Gallup poll has Romney up by 1.  I haven't seen the breakdown for battleground states/women.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 25, 2012, 12:02:32 PM
Rumors are that Debbie Marblemouth Schultz might get booted as DNC Chair.

I'd soothe her sadness with my penis.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2012, 02:54:27 PM

So you like big asses & poodle hair?  All yours  :x

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 25, 2012, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2012, 02:54:27 PM

So you like big asses & poodle hair?  All yours  :x

Debbie on TV is either hot or looks like she just came from the dentist looking all puffy. I think it depends on the humidity,
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 26, 2012, 07:43:42 AM
Debbie on TV is either hot or looks like she just came from the dentist looking all puffy. I think it depends on the humidity,

:lol:  She does get hit with the frizzies from time to time.

Personally, I'd like to see Karen Finney get back into the DNC in some capacity.  She has smarts and dimples.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 26, 2012, 07:43:42 AM
She has the biggest variance in hotness I've ever observed in a women.  The first time I saw her, I thought she was a hot 20-something.  The next time I saw her, she looked way older and more used up.