California dreamin' - Tips for a summer trip, plz

Started by The Larch, March 14, 2012, 06:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2012, 07:49:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 15, 2012, 05:11:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2012, 01:12:20 PM
You do understand that travelling in an RV will limit your urban mobility quite a bit, right Larchy?

Yup, totally aware of that, but as I previously said the main focus of the trip will most probably be outdoorsy stuff, with urban tourism being the exception rather than the rule.

Yeah but you'll really be limiting yourself all around at the speed you'll be traveling at.  And won't most places require a large fee for your RV?  I know Muir Woods has a cost even for passenger cars.

This is all still in a rough draft stage, nothing is set on stone yet. The RV thingie is still something we're considering, but we're not married to the idea. We have to put together all the pros and cons, and then decide. Hell, we don't have the final group of people yet! At the moment only 3 of us are committed to the plan.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2012, 08:19:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 04:37:27 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 15, 2012, 06:23:02 PM
People in Cruise America RVs are my sworn enemy.  Especially if they are Germans.  :mad:

No shit.  It may be an RV, but they still drive those fuckers like they're on the Ukrainian steppes.  PANZERGRUPPE WINNEBAGO

I want to attach external speakers to mine and play the Panzerlied now going town the road.

Fuck that.  Jericho Trumpets on the bumper, like those silent deer whistles.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on March 16, 2012, 03:37:54 AM
Is there even a stereotype for that?  :lol:

Over here RV tourism is mstly associated with Germans and Dutchies.

:yes:

Tons of German RV tourists in Yukon.  Generally seem pretty nice though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 08:31:56 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2012, 08:19:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 04:37:27 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 15, 2012, 06:23:02 PM
People in Cruise America RVs are my sworn enemy.  Especially if they are Germans.  :mad:

No shit.  It may be an RV, but they still drive those fuckers like they're on the Ukrainian steppes.  PANZERGRUPPE WINNEBAGO

I want to attach external speakers to mine and play the Panzerlied now going town the road.

Fuck that.  Jericho Trumpets on the bumper, like those silent deer whistles.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

It is ridiculous how many Germans are at major American National Parks at any one time.

What did we blow up all of theirs or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 08:53:46 AM
It is ridiculous how many Germans are at major American National Parks at any one time.

When my mother's cousins came over from Der Vaterland a while back, they were so totally entranced with all of our parks.  Hell, they were fascinated with our front yard.  Chasing chipmunks with the camera and shit.

One of them explained that they simply no longer have the same amount of flora und fauna anymore.  They're over fucking industrialized.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 16, 2012, 08:23:08 AM
This is all still in a rough draft stage, nothing is set on stone yet. The RV thingie is still something we're considering, but we're not married to the idea. We have to put together all the pros and cons, and then decide. Hell, we don't have the final group of people yet! At the moment only 3 of us are committed to the plan.

Yeah, I'd just look up the attendant costs as even a larger end SUV might be a better bet - although if you actually want to do any sort of camping in the outdoors part...which is conceptually difficult for me. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 08:56:35 AM
One of them explained that they simply no longer have the same amount of flora und fauna anymore.  They're over fucking industrialized.

There's something to it. I doubt there's very many spots in Germany (or anywhere in Central Europe, for that matter) where you can stand, turn a 360° and not see anything man made - streets, houses, power lines etc.

Since our attempts to add a bit more Lebensraum to our borders were kinda frowned upon, many now seek the wilderness of Canada, U.S., Scandiweenia during their vacations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2012, 11:39:33 PM
Since our attempts to add a bit more Lebensraum to our borders were kinda frowned upon,

You people never do anything in moderation.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 08:53:46 AM

Germany looks like this:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Both look nice.  I admit most of the members of my family had a low opinion of Germany.  Of course they visited back in the 1940's.  I've heard some things have changed since then.

I'm told I family in Germany, but nobody has talked to them since the nineteenth century.  A cousin of mine traced some of them to an area around a town called Ravensburg.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.