California dreamin' - Tips for a summer trip, plz

Started by The Larch, March 14, 2012, 06:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

That's the 2nd mention of Muir Woods, I'll have to check that.

PDH

Carmel to Big Sur coast (the Bixby Bridge stop)
Santa Cruz (so you can buy a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs shirt)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 14, 2012, 12:10:25 PM
That's the 2nd mention of Muir Woods, I'll have to check that.

Yeah, its like the close at hand Redwoods. Not as impressive but still pretty phenomenal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Hopefully it is cooler than when Tricky Dick and I did the road trip up coast.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: PDH on March 14, 2012, 12:13:51 PM
Carmel to Big Sur coast (the Bixby Bridge stop)
Santa Cruz (so you can buy a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs shirt)

I look forward towards dressing up like Vincent Vega.

katmai

When are you looking at being there Larch?

I need to head down to LA for Union dealings and want to go visit friends and family(which I have all through out the state)

Admiral Yi

If you're going to LA you might want to stretch it a little further and hit San Diego too.  Sea World baby!  And arguably the most beautiful women in America.  Is the SEAL training base open to visitors?

Then stretch it just a little further and hit Tiajuana.  Donkey show baby!

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2012, 03:39:59 PM
If you're going to LA you might want to stretch it a little further and hit San Diego too.

Definitely!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2012, 03:29:37 PM

I need to head down to LA for Union dealings and want to go visit friends and family(which I have all through out the state)

2-3 weeks in July, precise dates still TBD.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2012, 03:39:59 PM
If you're going to LA you might want to stretch it a little further and hit San Diego too.  Sea World baby!  And arguably the most beautiful women in America.  Is the SEAL training base open to visitors?

The base? probably not, but Coronado Island where it is located is Beautiful.

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on March 14, 2012, 03:45:48 PM

Cool, I'm heading east coast for wedding first week of July and as it is such a pain leaving state, trying to get all my travels done that month, and finish with stop in Seattle to catch a Sounders game.

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2012, 04:00:50 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 14, 2012, 03:45:48 PM

Cool, I'm heading east coast for wedding first week of July and as it is such a pain leaving state, trying to get all my travels done that month, and finish with stop in Seattle to catch a Sounders game.

Coolness indeed. When would you be back from the east coast?

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 06:58:06 AM
Yuck.  Faster to fly into JFK and take a taxi.
:hmm: Guy I work with flew into LAX and drove up to Santa Barbara last October.  He said the traffic wasn't too bad once you clear Hollywood as long as you don't hit it at "the wrong time of day". :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney