News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

Started by ulmont, March 13, 2012, 03:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Thanks, makes sense for something one may find later on.

MadImmortalMan

OK, so now that Titan is behind me I have a question. [spoiler]Do I need to take every damn thing with me to LA or will I be coming back? Are there quest items I've collected that I'll need there?[/spoiler]
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 03, 2014, 04:48:59 AM
OK, so now that Titan is behind me I have a question. [spoiler]Do I need to take every damn thing with me to LA or will I be coming back? Are there quest items I've collected that I'll need there?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You'll end up setting up kind of a base camp there, and get access to your Ranger lockbox (and all its contents) again. You also get to select of few of the extra NPC companions to go with you (and there are more over there too).

But you might want to use up all your requisitions from Mercaptain before you go.

And LA seems to be a one-way trip, so wrap up all the AZ you want to first.
[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 31, 2014, 05:56:13 PM
Titan Valley is shit. What a buggy pile of nonsense.

If you thought Titan was bad...[spoiler]Rodia is a fucking confusing clusterfuck.[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Warning: If you get a message about your W2 files conflicting with those in the Steam cloud (especially after a crash)...don't choose the cloud.  It will obliterate/overwrite your saved games with much earlier versions of same.  <_<

Tonitrus

The game has a character named Slargos (who has no plot purpose, just an apparent farm worker), and just talks about shoveling shit all day. :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 17, 2014, 10:14:49 PM
The game has a character named Slargos (who has no plot purpose, just an apparent farm worker), and just talks about shoveling shit all day. :hmm:

Maybe Jacob did some contract work on the game :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

New patch at gog.com for the Mac version of Wasteland 2 but the PC version sees more advanced, though the numbering of patches is not comparable.  :hmm:

Caliga

I got this last month and have been playing the shit out of it.  Haven't experienced any bugginess at all so I guess the patching has been effective.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

So I'm about to [spoiler]leave for California[/spoiler] , but I'm concerned about inventory.  I'm overloaded with all kinds of books and shit and I don't know if I should stock up on ammo, rockets, etc. for the trip or not.  It's kind of annoying that you get so much junk but some of it is actually 'useful' anyway. :glare:

People keep saying you can just store excess stuff in the Ranger locker, but that locker is tiny and I filled it up early in the game.

Duque de Bragança

You get to keep your belongings when you go [spoiler]there[/spoiler], don't worry.
There was also a new patch, a couple of weeks ago, giving Macs trophies on Steam plus some more bug fixing. It's not over yet according to Inxile, though it is more about using an updated version of the Unity engine.

Caliga

I guess my main question is, can I just dump the massive number of books and crap I have or sell them to random vendors for a buck, or is there some reason I need to keep them?

I'm also overloaded with mods due to stripping weapons for parts, but those I know I can get rid of since they ain't unique.

Tonitrus

If you're talking about the books that are in there detailing each location's history...I've never seen a need or them (except as background), but haven't sold them either (not really worth it).

In terms of locations/action, California is pretty big...as much as or more than Arizona.  There will be plenty of new/better weapon upgrades/mods and weapons themselves.

Caliga

Well they aren't weightless.  :contract:

I'm prolly gonna just sell them all to the quartermaster dude in Citadel, then all of the mods and any surplus weapons before I head out.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on March 01, 2015, 05:09:15 PM
Well they aren't weightless.  :contract:

I'm prolly gonna just sell them all to the quartermaster dude in Citadel, then all of the mods and any surplus weapons before I head out.

But that is what the bottomless lockbox is for!

Selling surplus mods/weapons is ok.  You'll get plenty more.  I'd hold on to the RPG-type weapons though, you'll need them a lot more in Cali.