News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Power overwhelming!

Started by viper37, September 14, 2015, 05:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Toitalbiscuit was streaming some matches yesterday (early beta access I guess?) and I had no idea what was going on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I don't think I ever actually played any of 2. I was put off by it being split into 3 parts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I played the first one for the campaign story and then some MP. But I generally preferred Age of Kings and, with a similarly Star Wars crazy friend, Star Wars Battlegrounds (which is Age of Kings reskinned into Star Wars).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

You talking the original Starcraft? I played a lot of that, just none of the sequel set.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Yes the original. I pirated it at first (60+ small files to download over dial up :lol: ), but I ended up buying it because the illegal version didn't have the cutscenes.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2015, 12:34:20 AM
Toitalbiscuit was streaming some matches yesterday (early beta access I guess?) and I had no idea what was going on.
yes, there's an early beta access.  It gives access to the first 3 solo missions, the prologue.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Ah, ok. He was doing MP only, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2015, 12:26:01 PM
Ah, ok. He was doing MP only, though.
well, I don't play MP, so I don't really know.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2015, 01:08:54 AM
I don't think I ever actually played any of 2. I was put off by it being split into 3 parts.
there's close to as many missions in one single campaign than in all of Starcraft.

viper37

Manged to squeeze just enogh time to play the first mission in the campaign.  I like the nice, smallish improvements.  Nothing that stands out on its own, nothing that makes you believe this is a totally new game, but just enough so that Starcraft 2 released in 2015 can compete with most of the newest RTS out there.