It can't get any worse than accidentally burning Korans, right? Right?

Started by CountDeMoney, March 11, 2012, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

I don't butcher. I combat terrorists while operating under the Rules of Engagement issued to me by my chain of command, and I enforce those rules whithin my unit.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: Siege on March 26, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
Its going to be fun to work with the Afghans when we deploy.
I wonder if I can still smell danger like I used to be.
"Smelling danger" is the art of listening to your subscouncious mind.
Every time I feel something is wrong, something is wrong.
But you have to be able to separate the signals your subcouncious picks up from your natural suspicions.

'The United States Navy has started a program to investigate how members of the military can be trained to improve their "sixth sense," or intuitive ability, during combat and other missions.

The idea for the project comes in large part from the testimony of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan who have reported an unexplained feeling of danger just before they encountered an enemy attack or ran into an improvised explosive device, Navy scientists said.'

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/27/navy-program-to-study-how-troops-use-intuition/

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on March 27, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
'The United States Navy has started a program to investigate how members of the military can be trained to improve their "sixth sense," or intuitive ability, during combat and other missions.

The idea for the project comes in large part from the testimony of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan who have reported an unexplained feeling of danger just before they encountered an enemy attack or ran into an improvised explosive device, Navy scientists said.'

The only sixth sense a sailor needs in the Navy is knowing when a Marine is staring at his ass.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son