It can't get any worse than accidentally burning Korans, right? Right?

Started by CountDeMoney, March 11, 2012, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on March 12, 2012, 06:05:56 PM
Besides, I don't see the point of this stupid shit this dude did.
I mean, everybody over there are either terrorists, terrorist factories, or terrorists in the making.
Shooting the terrorists is our duty, but if we shoot out the terrorist factories and the terrorists in the making, who are we going to fight in the future?

Winning is great, but if we got nobody to fight in the future, the next generations of americans are going to be pussies.

I'm starting to believe what Neil says about you being a Chinese agent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

[Siege]I may have shot many men who weren't armed, but I never shot anyone who didn't have a gun on them.[/Siege]

Razgovory

I'm kind of hoping he's not serious.  He's veering into batshit crazy war criminal territory again.  Siege committing murder is not really helpful to the cause.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

PDH

When you spell alright it means you are not drunk - i.e. trolling.  Or vice versa.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Hey, guy was a staff sergeant trained as a sniper in his mid to late 30's.  I swear CNN is trying to get the afghans to riot.  Or at least give the impression they are rioting.  They keep juxtapositioning images of the riots from last week with the story about the dead afghans.  Talking about afghan "rage".  Mostly it looks like grief and shock to me.  It's really weird.

Ed Anger

CNN just had a chick on from Stars and Stripes telling us about Ft. Lewis/McChord being a problem base.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2012, 08:50:05 AM
CNN just had a chick on from Stars and Stripes telling us about Ft. Lewis/McChord being a problem base.

I don't know if the problem is with the base, or

QuoteThe suspect, a trained sniper, received a diagnosis of traumatic brain injury after sustaining a head injury in Iraq during a vehicle rollover in 2010, two U.S. military officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive details of the case. The soldier was subsequently declared fit for duty, the officials said.

Bet he had an SS flag, too.

Razgovory

I wonder if it's an organic problem.  That can happen, Charles Whitman was like that.

Phillip V

Assassination attempt on visiting U.S. Secretary of Defense?

U.S. government distrust of its own troops?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/world/asia/panetta-visits-afghanistan-following-massacre.html
QuoteAn Afghan drove a stolen vehicle on to a runway ramp at a military base in southern Afghanistan and then ran from it ablaze as a plane carrying Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta landed there on Wednesday morning.
As part of the visit, Mr. Panetta traveled to Camp Leatherneck, a vast military base in the desert of neighboring Helmand Province, where he addressed some 200 Marines... In a sign of the nervousness surrounding Mr. Panetta's trip, the Marines and other troops who were waiting in a tent for the defense secretary to speak were abruptly asked by their commander to get up, place their weapons — M-16 and M-4 automatic rifles and 9-mm pistols — outside the tent and then return unarmed. The commander, Sgt. Maj. Brandon Hall, told reporters he was acting on orders from superiors.

"All I know is, I was told to get the weapons out," he said. Asked why, he replied, "Somebody got itchy, that's all I've got to say. Somebody got itchy; we just adjust."

Normally, American forces in Afghanistan keep their weapons with them when the defense secretary visits and speaks to them.

derspiess

I know he wasn't particularly liked at CIA, but still can't imagine anyone wanting to frag the SecDef, whoever he is.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

QuoteNormally, American forces in Afghanistan keep their weapons with them when the defense secretary visits and speaks to them.

Yeah, well this ain't no normal visit.

mongers

Given the current geopolitical situation in the region, I have a feeling the last significant US and/or Nato troops will end up withdrawing over that exact same box girder bridge*.

Oh and the Krazy Karzi kleptocracy will collapse quicker that a throthing baptist at a snake fondling seance.

* Meanwhile the bridge will remain, perhaps awaiting the next occupiers ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2012, 02:43:35 PM
Given the current geopolitical situation in the region, I have a feeling the last significant US and/or Nato troops will end up withdrawing over that exact same box girder bridge*.

Oh and the Krazy Karzi kleptocracy will collapse quicker that a throthing baptist at a snake fondling seance.

* Meanwhile the bridge will remain, perhaps awaiting the next occupiers ?

Maybe we'll see him strung up like Mussolini.

Snake fondling?  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall