NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Heh yeah Darren Bennet is probably only punter who is as big as most linebackers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

QuoteEnter Joey Porter. Apparently he had this thing where he would claim the entire half of the field the Steelers were warming up on and harass anyone on the opposing team that came across the 50

Yeah, that's how he got ejected before a game with the Ravens, trying that shit with the Ravens offense in 2004, woofing at them during warm-ups.  Enter Ray Lewis, who speaks a few words to Porter.*  Porter then freaks out and gets his ass ejected in nothing flat, 20 minutes before game time.

Total punk ass bitch.

*According to witnesses, there was a cursory inquiry as to how Porter was recovering from the gunshot wound that he had suffered during the previous preseason, but apparently Ray Ray had not been so polite about it.  Advantage: Lewis.  As always.

Neil

Fuck Joey Porter.  He makes James Harrison look like Mr. Class.

edit:  Awesome story, Seedy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
Awesome story, Seedy.

You catch a bullet in your ass and then try to woof in his house, Ray Ray will call you out on it.

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

I guess I should bump this for the Hall of Fame game.  Kolb got knocked out of the game already.  "Rib contusions."  Halftime 17-7 Saints.

Also, Andy Reid's son was apparently found dead today.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 08:39:32 PM
Can't say that wasn't coming.

Yeah.

Hey, is it just me, or do some of these new Nike jerseys look a lot more loose than the old Reebok ones? 

Also, something else was throwing me off a little while they were showing Brees on the sidelines.  I just figured out what it is:  the elastic on the sleeves looks....big?

dps

Quote from: katmai on August 03, 2012, 06:33:23 PM
Heh yeah Darren Bennet is probably only punter who is as big as most linebackers.

Bennet was one of my favorite players.

With most punters, if the return man breaks through the coverage and has only the punter left to beat, you can figure it's gonna be a touchdown;  with Bennet in that situation, you wondered if the return man would be able to finish the game.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 05, 2012, 09:08:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2012, 08:39:32 PM
Can't say that wasn't coming.

Yeah.

Wasn't the druggie criminal, it was the one that was the assistant coach, found in his room in training camp at 7:30am.  Now that was the one that wasn't coming.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 06:18:23 AM
Wasn't the druggie criminal, it was the one that was the assistant coach

Garrett was also a druggie criminal.  This wasn't the one who got nailed for waiving a gun around (or whatever) though.  This was the DUI/dealer one.

E:  To be fair, this one had cleaned up (or...er...apparently), and was trying to become IIRC a pro level S&C coach.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 06, 2012, 06:24:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 06:18:23 AM
Wasn't the druggie criminal, it was the one that was the assistant coach

Garrett was also a druggie criminal.  This wasn't the one who got nailed for waiving a gun around (or whatever) though.  This was the DUI/dealer one.

Christ, Andy.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 06:27:54 AM
Christ, Andy.

I think the gun and DUI incidents happened on the same day, possibly at around the same time and all.  While Garrett was busy smashing his car up and hurting another driver, Britt was sticking a gun in someone's face because they cut him off or something.  Must have been a helluva day for Andy.

ulmont

Ok, remind me.  Am I right that there's nowhere to see most of the preseason NFL games other than the nfl.com's streaming package?

sbr

I don't know about seeing them live but nfl network should show a replay of every game at some point this month.