NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2012, 12:26:15 PM
Today in history, a day which will live in infamy:

Give it up Money.  You got a team back, won a Sueprbowl, and have multiple playoff appearances.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2012, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2012, 12:26:15 PM
Today in history, a day which will live in infamy:

Give it up Money.  You got a team back, won a Sueprbowl, and have multiple playoff appearances.

Don't bother.  He loves his Ravens *and* insists on clinging to his 1983 victimhood.  I asked him which he would choose between 1) his Ravens or 2) the Colts never leaving Baltimore, and he refused to answer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2012, 02:05:40 PM
I asked him which he would choose between 1) his Ravens or 2) the Colts never leaving Baltimore, and he refused to answer.

You never included the Elway Paradigm.

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Oh yeah, the "new" uniforms are being revealed tomorrow.  Mostly should just be Pro Combat versions of the current uniforms.  Carolina and Seattle are getting some new looks, but that's about it afaik.  Some stuff, like t-shirts and hats (New Era, they seem to be mostly fucking hideous) and shit, is already available in the NFL store.

Roethlisberger's new favorite shirt:

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 02, 2012, 07:01:17 PM
Oh yeah, the "new" uniforms are being revealed tomorrow.  Mostly should just be Pro Combat versions of the current uniforms.  Carolina and Seattle are getting some new looks, but that's about it afaik.  Some stuff, like t-shirts and hats (New Era, they seem to be mostly fucking hideous) and shit, is already available in the NFL store.

Roethlisberger's new favorite shirt:

I've got like a closet full of Bengals Reebok gear now.  I had overheard that they were going to try to keep using it as long as they could get away with doing so, but maybe they've changed their minds.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2012, 07:07:06 PM
I've got like a closet full of Bengals Reebok gear now.  I had overheard that they were going to try to keep using it as long as they could get away with doing so, but maybe they've changed their minds.

The teams?  They'd probably get fined if it got spotted.  Heh. 

I heard Reebok tried to hock some Tebow Jets jerseys and Nike is suing them or some such, since they don't have the rights to do that anymore.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 02, 2012, 07:22:45 PM
The teams?  They'd probably get fined if it got spotted.  Heh. 

My take is that they think (or thought) they can get away with it for small stuff like t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc., especially for workouts, practices, and mini-camps.

So far most of what I've gotten is cold weather jackets, hats, rain gear, warm-up suits, and a couple pairs of shorts.  Would like to see some shoes, socks, t-shirts & some more shorts come my way but nothing yet.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2012, 07:59:26 PM
My take is that they think (or thought) they can get away with it for small stuff like t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc., especially for workouts, practices, and mini-camps.

So far most of what I've gotten is cold weather jackets, hats, rain gear, warm-up suits, and a couple pairs of shorts.  Would like to see some shoes, socks, t-shirts & some more shorts come my way but nothing yet.

Yeah, they probably wouldn't be able to get away with it (like it's a terrible crime or something) for long, and it would probably just become more of a hassle than it's worth.  That's some nice swag you're getting out of it though, so whatever, right?  :P

derspiess

So I guess they're still unveiling the uniforms right now.  The only one I've seen detailed is the Seahawks', which to me doesn't look bad despite the mostly negative feedback.

Most or all the others seem to have changed very little.  They did have a group photo of all the uniforms but it looks like they're slowly starting to release pics of each team: http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Nike+unveils+new+NFL+uniforms/G3645,A12043

edit: damn you, MBM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiessedit: damn you, MBM

E:  The most important uniform:

The collar is different, along with the gloves and shoes of course, but that looks to be it.

Syt

Well, I don't like the neon green of the Seahawks, but besides that it's fine, I guess.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Lol, the main uniform thread over on the official Bengals forum degenerated into a pissing match over whether "Bengal" is a noun or adjective.  Thought I was here for a second.

edit:  :blush:

Neil

The problem with the Seahawks uniforms is that the colours will always remain ugly, so the design doesn't much matter.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.