NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I went to nfl.com, I see a whole lot of uniforms that don't appear to have made any changes at all.

1) Seattle should go back to the Jim Zorn/Dave Krieg/Curt Warner uniforms, instead of the space cadet ones they have now;  they look like they belong in the PAC-10, not the NFL.
2) All NFL pants should always be white, both in home and away kits.
3) The best uniform change in recent years has been the motherfucking Buffalo Bills getting back that late 70's Joe Ferguson love.
4) Some teams would see mass revolts if they fundamentally changed their historic uniforms for something retarded.  Please see:  Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs.
5) Speaking of Chiefs, all former AFL teams should go back to their original AFL uniforms.  And that includes the fucking Flaming Thumbtacks.

sbr

Soccer players wear kits, football players wear uniforms dammit.

EDIT:  Seahawks unis are uglier than normal but that isn't saying much.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on April 03, 2012, 12:09:59 PM
Lol, the main uniform thread over on the official Bengals forum degenerated into a pissing match over whether "Bengal" is a noun or verb.  Thought I was here for a second.

What is the argument for it being a verb? :huh:

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on April 03, 2012, 03:17:11 PM
Lol, the main uniform thread over on the official Bengals forum degenerated into a pissing match over whether "Bengal" is a noun or verb.  Thought I was here for a second.

Shit, I meant adjective.   :Embarrass:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 03, 2012, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 03, 2012, 03:17:11 PM

Shit, I meant adjective.   :Embarrass:

LOL Bengals fans.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 03:12:33 PM
I went to nfl.com, I see a whole lot of uniforms that don't appear to have made any changes at all.

1) Seattle should go back to the Jim Zorn/Dave Krieg/Curt Warner uniforms, instead of the space cadet ones they have now;  they look like they belong in the PAC-10, not the NFL.
2) All NFL pants should always be white, both in home and away kits.
3) The best uniform change in recent years has been the motherfucking Buffalo Bills getting back that late 70's Joe Ferguson love.
4) Some teams would see mass revolts if they fundamentally changed their historic uniforms for something retarded.  Please see:  Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Browns, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs.
5) Speaking of Chiefs, all former AFL teams should go back to their original AFL uniforms.  And that includes the fucking Flaming Thumbtacks.

2.  No, See:  Ravens black on purple , Packers obviously always have yellow.   

What's wrong with you?    <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 03, 2012, 04:39:28 PM
2.  No, See:  Ravens black on purple , Packers obviously always have yellow.   

What's wrong with you?    <_<

Corollary #4 is the exception to #2.  :P

And black pants for the Ravens suck. :bleeding:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2012, 05:35:55 PM
Yeah the ravens should go back to brown and orange.

You can un-ban yourself, so I won't even bother.

katmai

I just can't help myself when it comes to breaking your chops on Ravens.

MadBurgerMaker

Audio of Gregg Williams calling names and body parts in a D meeting before the 9ers game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA

Related Yahoo article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_gregg_williams_speech_saints_49ers_bounty_040412

katmai

Heh yet it was their own guys who were knocked the fuck out. Oooops

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 05, 2012, 08:12:17 AM
Audio of Gregg Williams calling names and body parts in a D meeting before the 9ers game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA

Related Yahoo article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_gregg_williams_speech_saints_49ers_bounty_040412

With how it started, I thought "go for the head" and "kill the head" was just an extension of the metaphor, but yeah, he was obviously talking about targeting specific body parts.  I was actually expecting the whole thing to be much ado about nothing-- just some rough locker room talk taken out of context.  But there are some nuggets in there.

I bet whomever recorded that audio just lost some friends :lol: