News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago hot dog

Started by Caliga, February 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Zoupa on March 03, 2012, 12:32:14 AM
I love how you Yanks debate the various merits of totally shit food. ZOMG CHICAGO HOT DOGS ARE SOOOO GOOD!

No, they are not. Grow the hell up, America.

:foodsnob:
*cough* poutine *cough*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: sbr on March 03, 2012, 01:02:57 AM
Thanks for your input but this is an American thread.

We haven't even mentioned Danish Hot Dogs yet. :rolleyes:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

That's like tits on a bull! :o
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

What's the crumbly stuff on there, Syt?
and the horse you rode in on

DontSayBanana

Quote from: fahdiz on March 03, 2012, 11:41:21 AM

It looks like fried onion flakes. :unsure:
Experience bij!

fhdz

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 03, 2012, 11:52:20 AM

It looks like fried onion flakes. :unsure:

The Danes are strange, so I thought I'd make sure.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

A Danish hot dog should be bright red.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Crispy fried onions.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

OttoVonBismarck

About the only place I will ever order a hot dog is a baseball game, but I think that's mostly some psychological nostalgia coming to the fore there.

As much (deserved) hate as hot dogs get, kosher all beef hot dogs actually aren't bad.

My cookouts always feature a ton of brats and Italian sausages. Growing up spending much of my early years in Europe and having a German mother I came to appreciate sausages with a bit more heft/substance (I thought about it and there is absolutely no way to say that without setting yourself up for a penis joke.) I remember in the early 90s when I'd go to cookouts in VA people would look at me like I landed from a different planet when I put some brats on the grill.

People on the east coast have gotten a little more used to brats now, but it's still almost like a foreign food. Ohio is a real shit hole of a State but they do at least have a good appreciation for brats, italian sausage, kielbasa and etc that is sadly still lacking further east.

OttoVonBismarck

The last time I went to Chicago there was a place that specialized in Chicago dogs but also were known for their fries, which they deep fry in duck fat. Chicago dogs aren't anything special, but their fries were fucking amazing. Can't remember the name of the place now.

Scipio

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 04, 2012, 01:06:53 PM
The last time I went to Chicago there was a place that specialized in Chicago dogs but also were known for their fries, which they deep fry in duck fat. Chicago dogs aren't anything special, but their fries were fucking amazing. Can't remember the name of the place now.
Hot Doug's.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt