And we're back!

Main Menu

Lent

Started by Sheilbh, February 22, 2012, 09:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 22, 2012, 11:37:25 AM
Yeah, moms. ;)

The fish fry is run by the PTA, so moms is what I get.  When I want to put eyes on The Bait I wait for the cheerleader car wash.

Anyway, this school doesn't do the sexy outfits.

Ed Anger

Cheerleader car wash.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2012, 10:17:53 AM

For you crazy southern Baptists, it's the time before Easter.  You know about Easter, when you people dye your multicolored snakes.

:lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I've decided I hate Ash Wednesday. Every year I get tricked my the first person I see with a dirty smudge. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Brazen

I'm giving up abstinence :cheers:

katmai

Dammit Neil is a copycat.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Masturbation. And Languish.

D'OH! :weep:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Methodists don't really do Lent.  I mean, we learn about it.  We talk about it.  We officially observe it.  But I don't know anyone who's ever actually participated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Richard Hakluyt

So, you Methodists give up lent  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 22, 2012, 05:25:55 PM
So, you Methodists give up lent  :hmm:

Lent is too much fun for Methodists to handle.

Sheilbh

I had no idea this was still a sectarian or terribly religious thing.  I had pancakes with friends last night and they were all giving something up (or going to the gym more) for lent.  None of them are religious at all.

If you take part in pancake day you should be required to sacrifice something for lent <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Oh this explains why there was hardly any crowd at that nice hamburger restaurant today. I went with my Jewish boyfriend.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2012, 09:32:59 AM
I'm giving up on life.

Haven't you done that like 10 years ago or so?