News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Archie Movie Trailer

Started by Jacob, February 22, 2012, 02:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2012, 06:59:12 PM
Did DC and Marvel have much exposure overseas before they started cranking out the superhero movies?
Yes, at least with respect to Marvel and the UK.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

Did DC and Marvel have much exposure overseas before they started cranking out the superhero movies?

Of course.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on February 24, 2012, 07:15:41 PM
Yes, at least with respect to Marvel and the UK.

There were probably more people reading American comics in the UK in 1980 than read American comics in America in 2012.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I grew up with reading Superboy, Green Lantern, X-Men, Spiderman, Punisher etc. in the 80s, so: yes.

There were also Euro comics, though: Asterix and Lucky Luke, Tintin, Les Tuniques Bleues (Civil War comic), Mortadelo y Filemón (Clever & Smart in German) and a few other Francisco Ibáñez, etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.