Tim drops ball, misses Biggest school lunch story of the year

Started by Darth Wagtaros, February 15, 2012, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

http://fox8.com/2012/02/15/school-deems-childs-lunch-unhealthy-replaced-with-chicken-nuggets/

QuoteWGHP) — A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal. The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state employee who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — "did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines," the Journal reports.
The decision was made under consideration of a regulation put in place by the the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs to meet USDA guidelines.
"When home-packed lunches do not include all of the required items, child care providers must supplement them with the missing ones," the Journal reports.
The student's mother told the Journal she received a note from the school about the incident and was charged $1.25 for the cafeteria tray, from which her daughter ate three chicken nuggets.
The note explained how students who did not bring "healthy lunches" would be offered the missing portions and that parents could be charged for the cost of the cafeteria food, the Journal reports.
The mother, who was not identified in the report, expressed concerns about school officials telling her daughter that she wasn't "packing her lunch box properly."
PDH!

Caliga

Princesca was telling me about this while we were driving to dinner earlier. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

WTF!? That packed lunch sounds way better than anything an American school would provide.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Darth Wagtaros

Well you post every pit of trivia that makes its way to the net, so I imagined you had skipped this as it would put the spotlight on your liberal agenda.
PDH!

crazy canuck

For the Land of the Free you guys have some pretty screwed up government intervention.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 15, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
For the Land of the Free you guys have some pretty screwed up government intervention.
This is either an Ohio thing, or a new thing.  When I was in school, no 'state employees' went around inspecting lunches. :wacko:

Darth Wagtaros

Babyboomers.  If the story is true.  I see a lot of articles and it was all over talk radio, but I haven't seen any confirmation beyond the original Journal story.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2012, 09:58:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 15, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
This is either an Ohio thing, or a new thing.  When I was in school, no 'state employees' went around inspecting lunches. :wacko:

What the fuck. It's north carolina.

Caliga

I saw 'Cleveland' at the top and assumed it was a story from Cleveland.. :blush:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2012, 10:07:41 PM
I saw 'Cleveland' at the top and assumed it was a story from Cleveland.. :blush:

We are not amused.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney