Tim drops ball, misses Biggest school lunch story of the year

Started by Darth Wagtaros, February 15, 2012, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I recall reading somewhere that this story is pretty much bullshit, or at least not nearly as bad as first reported.  I'll see if I can find it somewhere.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on February 15, 2012, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2012, 09:48:34 PM
Aren't chicken nuggets worse than anything?

They are pretty gross.

The ones from Chick-fil-A are great. Though I usually order the strips instead. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Habbaku on February 15, 2012, 10:55:49 PM
I recall reading somewhere that this story is pretty much bullshit, or at least not nearly as bad as first reported.  I'll see if I can find it somewhere.
yes. I imagine it isn't.  The story made national and international news, but seems to be based solely on the original article from the Journal, which was based entirely on the letter writte nby the mother.  Doesn't look like anybody really spoke to the school.
PDH!