Marines posed with flag resembling Nazi SS logo in Afghanistan

Started by FunkMonk, February 09, 2012, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on February 12, 2012, 11:52:29 AM

The argument started when I said it was not particularly offensive, and the article was making a big deal about nothing.

A few people started arguing with me, and then when it was clear they had lost, suddenly decided to agree with me that it was not offensive after all, and in fact the only thing notable was that Jarheads are none too bright. Cool, I am glad after 20 pages most people agree with what I said on page 2.

If someone wanted to "argue" with me, by definition they have to take a position that disputes mine. My first post was not an argument with anyone in the thread, nor was it addressed to any particular poster, nor did it quote any particular poster. It was simply an observation on the article, like most of the posts that came before it.

God Damn, you are dense. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

What I love about Berkut is how he'll debate a point round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before he gives it up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2012, 04:16:35 PM
What I love about Berkut is how he'll debate a point round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before he gives it up.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2012, 04:16:35 PM

What ever.  If he wants to think he won, I guess we should let him.  If a man wants to regard himself a war gamer and then claim he can't identify Sieg runes, well I think we know what to think of him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Darth Wagtaros

That's stupid Raz.  A war gamer who plays Napoleonic scenarios or one who specializes in the Spanish Civil War might not. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

What the fuck is with the lines after every post? Annoying as fuck.  ANnoying as this whole thread has become. 
PDH!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 04:30:42 PM
That's stupid Raz.  A war gamer who plays Napoleonic scenarios or one who specializes in the Spanish Civil War might not.

In TOAW if you create a unit with the word "SS" in it, the game immediately translates that into Sig runes.  I remember one scenario the developer tried to make a submarine unit.  I was a bit dismayed to find my that Submarines had an allegiance to Hitler.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

szmik

that's another hilarious thread, berkut went grumbler   :lmfao:

and yes, it looks like SS to me :secret:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Siege

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2012, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: Siege on February 12, 2012, 02:07:28 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 09, 2012, 07:32:51 PM
What would R. Lee Ermy say?

He was a POG. He was not an infantryman, never deployed as an infantryman, and his only call to glory was to serve as a Drill Sergeant safely at state-side.
He wasn't even a Gunery Sergeant (E-7). He left the Marine Corp as an Staff Sergeant (E-6) and was promoted to E-7 much later, as an honorific from the Corp for his contribution as an actor for a good image for the Marine Corp.

So Seigy, would you be happy to serve in a scout sniper unit that had that flag as an unofficial banner ?

Probably not.
Still, I does not come to my mind as nazism unless plainly stated as such by members of that unit.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on February 12, 2012, 04:41:52 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 04:30:42 PM

In TOAW if you create a unit with the word "SS" in it, the game immediately translates that into Sig runes.  I remember one scenario the developer tried to make a submarine unit.  I was a bit dismayed to find my that Submarines had an allegiance to Hitler.
Can you produce the threads in which Berkut stated he had played TOAW?
PDH!