Started by FunkMonk, February 09, 2012, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2012, 08:04:01 AM
Then call them sailors instead. Like, "Hellooooo, Sailor!"
Yes. Say, "Hey Squiddie, how the fuck ya doin in the navy?"
PDH!

PDH

Seems they may have bought the blue flag from a place that sells NDSAP reproductions.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2012, 08:04:01 AM
Then call them sailors instead. Like, "Hellooooo, Sailor!"

Yip, there aint no Department of the Marine Corps.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on February 12, 2012, 03:56:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 11, 2012, 08:52:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2012, 07:37:52 PM
For the record, I wasnt personally offended either, except by sheer stupidity.

Again, they are Marines. They are the military people who are *supposed* to actually be as dim as you think all military people to be... :P

Sure. However, the whole argument here started when you came into the thread and announced that this looks nothing like the SS logo and people are seeing things that are not there.  :P

It never was about "OMG this is so offensive!!!!!" for most (all?) people who posted - it was about this being stupid.

The argument started when I said it was not particularly offensive, and the article was making a big deal about nothing.

A few people started arguing with me, and then when it was clear they had lost, suddenly decided to agree with me that it was not offensive after all, and in fact the only thing notable was that Jarheads are none too bright. Cool, I am glad after 20 pages most people agree with what I said on page 2.

If someone wanted to "argue" with me, by definition they have to take a position that disputes mine. My first post was not an argument with anyone in the thread, nor was it addressed to any particular poster, nor did it quote any particular poster. It was simply an observation on the article, like most of the posts that came before it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

LaCroix

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 11:57:03 AM
Berkut's rage manifests itself again. :(

i think his "rage" is justified at least this time (and most times) :berkut:

:P

edit: i probably should cool it down, else i be labeled berkut and grumber's sock puppet

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: LaCroix on February 12, 2012, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 11:57:03 AM
Berkut's rage manifests itself again. :(

i think his "rage" is justified at least this time (and most times) :berkut:

:P

edit: i probably should cool it down, else i be labeled berkut and grumber's sock puppet
Years too late for that old man.  Just like the Slargos-Bark thing.
PDH!

11B4V

QuoteCool, I am glad after 20 pages most people agree with what I said on page 2.

This would be a boring place if shit got resolved in two pages.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Who cares what Marines think about anything?  Marines can say that they're not soldiers, Rick Santorum can say that he's not a fucking weirdo and that he's a legitimate candidate for President and Martinus can say that he's a Westerner and a lawyer, but saying something isn't enough to make it true.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

LaCroix

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 11:57:03 AMYears too late for that old man.  Just like the Slargos-Bark thing.
slargos was (:() a quality poster until he disappeared. i kinda liked him, he contributed even if others always attacked him

Quote from: NeilMartinus can say that he's a lawyer
:D

you know, i really hope martinus doesn't take this too seriously. i mean, there was that one thread long ago about him asking languish... but ... i mean, come on, man. you've a decent sounding life; don't take it to heart

if martinus disappeared, it would be like if the cold war ended. no fun for anyone- except the arabs (razgovorys) of the world

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on February 12, 2012, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 11:57:03 AMYears too late for that old man.  Just like the Slargos-Bark thing.
slargos was (:() a quality poster until he disappeared. i kinda liked him, he contributed even if others always attacked him

Quote from: NeilMartinus can say that he's a lawyer
:D

you know, i really hope martinus doesn't take this too seriously. i mean, there was that one thread long ago about him asking languish... but ... i mean, come on, man. you've a decent sounding life; don't take it to heart

if martinus disappeared, it would be like if the cold war ended. no fun for anyone- except the arabs (razgovorys) of the world

True, but nobody takes Neal seriously. Least of all Marty.

LaCroix

neil is lovely, along with grumbler, cdm, yi and many others- all in their own special ways. except raz, which is why the whole "lol raz is trying to kill himself" posts were awesome until languish turned into paradox OT for a brief moment

Martinus

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on February 12, 2012, 12:35:14 PM
neil is lovely, along with grumbler, cdm, yi and many others- all in their own special ways. except raz, which is why the whole "lol raz is trying to kill himself" posts were awesome until languish turned into paradox OT for a brief moment

Raz is a part of the disfunstional family as well. Kind of like the crazy uncle or cousin everyone's got.