Crushing unemployment among the young people in the EU

Started by Martinus, February 01, 2012, 04:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Maximus on February 02, 2012, 11:58:59 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 02, 2012, 09:53:38 PM
Ide thinks the minimum wage should be ~$15/hour.
And $10 of that should be taxed to pay for people to not do robot work.

I don't know what that means.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2012, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2012, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2012, 04:17:33 PM
24 and under. 25 seems to be the age in which the fucknuts snap out of their stupid shit, buckle down and grow the fuck up.

Are there really that many 24 year old veterans?

I think there is a 3 year hitch for the Navy. Or was.  Point is, Vets get a pass in my book. Unless I think you dropped a carcass down a well somewhere.
Quote from: Martinus on February 01, 2012, 06:15:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 01, 2012, 06:09:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 01, 2012, 06:08:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 01, 2012, 06:06:17 PM
You said that you automatically toss the resumes of people with military service record.  That's a clear-cut violation of the federal law concerning employment discrimination in US.

I repeat - how that differs from what EdAnger said? Seriously, go fuck yourself. I was responding in kind to an equally ridiculous statement from EdAnger - I am not going now to explain myself to some idiot who can't take a joke.
Ed Anger discriminated for veterans, not against them.  And age discrimination is illegal only on the old side.  That's the difference.

This is discrimination either way. As I said, your law is fucked up if it allows to discriminate by refusing to hire people without military service record (in genera - I am not talking about jobs where this might be relevant, such as security guards).

Besides, if you have 100 cvs and are supposed to pick 5 people to invite for an interview, you want to pick creme de la creme. People who do military service usually are people with some fucked up priorities and no clear path ahead of them (if they subsequently seek a job of a lawyer) so you discard such losers just as you would discard someone who spent 5 years backpacking in Tibet.

What?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Isn't the employee-side of the internship deal is that while getting some income you also gain some semblence of work experience, so you don't hit the market with a fancy-sounding degree but not being able to navigate the most basic office tasks/enviroment?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2012, 07:19:36 PM
Presumably your law firm is hiring lawyers, so we're not talking about former infantry men but people who were military lawyers. What's wrong with them?

They enlisted instead of joining a top firm after getting their degree?

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on February 01, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
There are two very scary things about this crisis: first, it's been far longer than the 93 crisis and doesn't seem it is going to get better at all anytime soon.

Yep.  It is starting to reach Great and Long Depression sort of dimensions.  It really all depends on Europe now everybody is watching you dudes with baited breath to see if you are going to tank the whole world economy.  Please don't.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2012, 01:27:14 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on February 01, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
There are two very scary things about this crisis: first, it's been far longer than the 93 crisis and doesn't seem it is going to get better at all anytime soon.

Yep.  It is starting to reach Great and Long Depression sort of dimensions.  It really all depends on Europe now everybody is watching you dudes with baited breath to see if you are going to tank the whole world economy.  Please don't.

I don't think there's much to hope on that front. Only Merkel can save the day, but she's mired in the lazy PIGS fallacy.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on February 03, 2012, 01:51:07 PM
I don't think there's much to hope on that front. Only Merkel can save the day, but she's mired in the lazy PIGS fallacy.

I heard she went begging money from the Chinese this week.  It says alot about how desperate we all are that the Chinese just might start throwing money at the problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 02, 2012, 11:59:36 AM
Rotating interns every three months is cheaper than employing a full time admin assistant even though, though the interns don't know this, there's no hope of a job at the end of it.

Ok, shit like this should be illegal and to the point of such thing, if proven, should be considered a criminal fraud punishable with prison.

It's one thing to have a low pay trial scheme for prospective hirees, and another to have this.