News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2012, 11:32:07 PM
Cancel your hotel and stay somewhere in Tokyo.
This place comes highly recommended: http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/
Won't get my money back this late from the first hotel.

Second hotel is three stars at $50 a night, hard to beat man. It might be too late too cancel that one too.

EDIT: Yup, too late.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Rain jacket and sweatshirt is packed. Anything else I got is too heavy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2012, 08:36:35 PM
and I'm leaving from Narita airport.

Be sure to take photos of the Narita Express from the airport.  Such a pretty train.

jimmy olsen

Uneo park fucking rocks! Went to the museum of western art, the Japanese art academy and the Tokyo metropolitan museum of art. The last was incredible and I saw just one wing.

It takes me about an hour and fifteen to get there and maybe one twenty five going back, similarly for me to Seoul (without taking the bullet). Taxis are ridiculous here, 3-4 the price as Korea.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

No responses? Anyways hit the Tokyo national museum today and it was incredible. So far the museums of Tokyo blow away Seoul and Taipei combined. Hell of a lot of walking though. Killed my camera battery. Was gonna hit akibhara and sjinjuku tomorrow since the museum's are closed Monday, but with the rain we're getting from this typhoon, I don't know.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Examples best stuff in museums?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Interactive comfort girl exhibits.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Just made it home on the last train leaving the station. Will update tomorrow.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Yeah, Tokyo is pretty awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on September 30, 2012, 07:27:15 AM
Examples best stuff in museums?

104 Treasures looted from Tutankhamen's tomb on display in a traveling exhibit at the Ueno Royal Museum.  :cool:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

How very Japanese
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2012, 07:47:41 PM
How very Japanese
Looting tombs? :unsure:

I saw plenty of great Japanese stuff, the Brain asked for the best. There are probably only a handful of exhibits in the entire world that could top that one.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I saw the golden Crook & Flail of the King of Upper & Lower Egypt :worthy:

The conopic coffin that held his embalmed liver and the golden sarcophagi of his grandmother and stillborn children.

I saw so many wonderful things. 

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Apparently going home for 2 months is enough to reset the 2 year American tax exemption here!

1,430,000 ₩ refund coming my way! :yeah:

1 Karma Chameleon point