News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2012, 12:23:01 AM
Driving in cities is mainly for those too poor to live a decent distance from anything.
Though of course you do get some people of every wealth level who like living in the countryside despite the inconvenience (or because of it for some of those weirdos).

I just can't see any redeeming qualities in this model of city design at all. Its just thoroughly unpleasant.

Lol, don't ever go to North America.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Driving is a base mechanical art, no gentleman would ever drive  :bowler:

jimmy olsen

Outside of NYC, if you don't own a car you're proletarian scum.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2012, 01:36:56 AM
Nyet. Car owners are the proletarians. Not driving is a sign of being middle class.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

So, buying expensive machinery is a sign of poverty?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2012, 01:46:37 AM
Nyet. Car owners are the proletarians. Not driving is a sign of being middle class.
I was talking about North America, as was made clear in my previous comment. Outside of NYC you can't possibly be considered middle class if you don't own a car. Hell, a family with two adults would be required to have two.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Cars are really cheap, only £10k or so for a new one that'll last ten or twenty years ........now family holidays, they are bloody expensive  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 30, 2012, 01:58:00 AM
Cars are really cheap, only £10k or so for a new one that'll last ten or twenty years

They're more expensive if you actually drive them, then you have to pay for gas and repairs as well.

Course even 10000 pounds is roughly a year's salary to somebody earning minimum wage.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2012, 01:46:37 AM

That doesn't make any sense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2012, 01:56:39 AM
Outside of NYC you can't possibly be considered middle class if you don't own a car.

I don't think that's true. NYC isn't the only city of ours that has neighborhoods where having a car is unnecessary.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Also true of Boston and Chicago, among others. :yes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 30, 2012, 01:58:00 AM
Cars are really cheap, only £10k or so for a new one that'll last ten or twenty years ........now family holidays, they are bloody expensive  :P

Nobody buys new cars though.
(well, sometimes people do obviously hence used cars exist...)
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2012, 07:27:22 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 07:21:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2012, 07:08:14 AM
Nobody buys new cars though.

:huh:

Doesn't his England sound lovely?

It not just a different country, it's a different world!

I have 2 cars, both were bought new. On built in said Korea, the other in Mexico.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.