HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 30, 2012, 07:32:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2012, 07:27:22 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 30, 2012, 07:21:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2012, 07:08:14 AM
Nobody buys new cars though.

:huh:

Doesn't his England sound lovely?

It not just a different country, it's a different world!

A world where everyone wears monocles, and those monocles are constantly popping off into cups of tea.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Josq is right. Cities designed around driving suck.

Ed Anger

I'd only agree if I could be carried around by slaves.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 05:37:08 PM

What's stopping you?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2012, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 05:37:08 PM

What's stopping you?

The Constitution.  :mad:

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 05:38:45 PMThe Constitution.  :mad:

It's just not the same with minimum wage workers or illegal immigrants doing the job, is it?

Ed Anger

For me the walking around in a city is fun, until the winds whipping around the tall building freeze me to death. Or in summer, the heat from the city fries me. Then I want to get in my Challenger and run every body down.

Or the city scum start getting close. Ewww. Poors.  :yuk:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2012, 05:38:45 PMThe Constitution.  :mad:

It's just not the same with minimum wage workers or illegal immigrants doing the job, is it?

No. They can quit.  :mad:

Maximus

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2012, 05:31:11 PM
Josq is right. Cities designed around driving suck.
Yes, this part he is right about. And that parking lots are frequently ugly and a waste of space.

Richard Hakluyt

To be serious about it.............at the individual level I like the cheap homes available in NA, with their large lots and so on; I would love to live in the house that the value of my property in England would buy me in Kansas, SC or somesuch.

But, there are consequences to that sprawl. I liked Ank's place in SC (especially given the price, peanuts by UK standards); but you had to get into the car to go anywhere, the burger bar was 5 miles away, the pub was 4 miles away. Meanwhile, here at home, I have dozens of bars shops etc all within walking distance.............I prefer it that way, it must be about a fortnight since I used any form of transport apart from walking..........at a communal level cheap detached houses lead to people living in characterless dormitories.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 30, 2012, 06:40:50 PM
it must be about a fortnight since I used any form of transport apart from walking..........at a communal level cheap detached houses lead to people living in characterless dormitories.

It has been 5 minutes since I got out of a cab and only about 5 hours since I used the subway. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Might have a five day weekend for Chuseok this year. If I do I'm going to go to Japan.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Five day weekend confirmed! :w00t:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point