News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Thats not true, there are lots of other options than Jet- though Jet is in most ways the best one.
I've even heard many stories of people just coming to Japan and getting a job within a few days. Once you're here it is freaking easy to just walk into a job.

re: the interview. Yes, I really hate the asking questions part too. I mean, I do my research before hand, I know all I need to know....and its not like I can picky about jobs, if I'm being interviewed there I want to be there!
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 29, 2012, 02:40:10 AM
Thats not true, there are lots of other options than Jet- though Jet is in most ways the best one.
I've even heard many stories of people just coming to Japan and getting a job within a few days. Once you're here it is freaking easy to just walk into a job.

re: the interview. Yes, I really hate the asking questions part too. I mean, I do my research before hand, I know all I need to know....and its not like I can picky about jobs, if I'm being interviewed there I want to be there!
A good job? Not a hagwon or whatever the Japanese equivalent is?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

For walk ins? Well no, that would be eikawas, though some do pay well.
Foot on the ground and a bit of effort though can get you a good job though. And many of these other alterantives to Jet are basically exactly the same job as Jet but with worse pay, better choice of location, and more holidays.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Another day at work, another day of rocking out to Zeppelin and playing Crusader Kings DV!  :showoff:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2012, 07:29:24 PM
I'm telling.

Hey, IDE, that bloody dvd turned up here a few days ago, apparently there there was "insufficient address".  :hmm:

I'll email you a photo of the US mailman's handywork or lack thereof.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

I was wondering about that myself.  I thought maybe you'd forgotten to put it in the post or something.  Never showed up at my old apartment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

I'm telling.
4th straight day of getting paid to do nothing.  :nelson:

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

By the way Ide, the district coordinator called me to personally apologize about you not getting the job. Apparently the Provincial Education Board really wanted you but the school itself managed to find some scrub who could get there right away and insisted on taking him.

If I were you I'd keep applying.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM
I'm telling.

I get those every week. They suck.

How do you get away with fitting gaming into it though?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2012, 10:39:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2012, 07:35:15 PM
I'm telling.

I get those every week. They suck.

How do you get away with fitting gaming into it though?
Got my own classroom. It's huge and has its own computers.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

I do sometimes miss the laziness of being a teacher in Korea.
On the other hand, while I have to work more here, I can sleep in every day except Sat and Sunday.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 12:42:46 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 12:38:43 AM
I dunno.  PRC scares me.

We'd come get you.

DINNER OUT IS A GO

I got it  :hug:

The Beyrouth scenes are very good.

Camerus

"Getting paid to do nothing" is one of those things that sounds good in theory, but in practice kind of sucks. 

Josquius

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on March 08, 2012, 01:19:48 AM
"Getting paid to do nothing" is one of those things that sounds good in theory, but in practice kind of sucks. 

:yes:

When you get the occasional day like that once in a blue moon it is awesome.
When its a regular thing though...it is just horrible.
██████
██████
██████