News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 28, 2012, 09:58:15 AM
Well, fuck.  They need someone who can be there, like, tomorrow.  Offer rescinded, albeit with a profuse if somewhat disfluent apology and a "we'll keep you in mind" statement that somehow seems less phony than when Americans do it.  And I'll keep that in mind too.

It's not my fault.  Probably.  Maybe it is.  I mean, I do suck.  However, I thought I hid it better.

Does the State Department do refunds?  Actually, I suppose I have a weak Sec. 90 case against Yeongi, but whatever.

Anyway, I understand their problem.  I'm not really angry, just disappointed. :(

Like I told Tim, that's two out of three jobs that vanished into the ether.  Interview for Dept. of Consumer Affairs today (wish me luck -_- ).

And there's always the job I have. :grr:
No refunds from the government.

Anyways, she's no doubt sincere. I guarantee if you keep looking you'll get a good job here.

Any mix up is their fault. Koreans change their minds at the drop of a hat and don't tell anyone else about it until it's too late, and the people at the bottom of the organizational chart get shafted because of it. You just gotta learn to roll with it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

... well then, try not to drop your hat?  :bowler:

HisMajestyBOB

If you're interested in Shanghai, I can try and help you get here. My school in particular desperately needs foreign teachers, so I can talk with my boss and see if there's a way he can bring you in without the slow-as-molasses HQ hiring process.

And if you're still interested in Korea, I know/knew someone who runs a hagwon (aka after-school language academy) in Seoul. However, I'm not sure if she'll hire someone who isn't in Korea yet. But I can still ask.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

I dunno.  PRC scares me.

I'm actually thinking, if things pan poorly viz. the newest crop of job stuff, Japan.  I mean, I told the Korean folks that Korea was my favorite, but that was a lie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Ide, I must protest
Japan isn't big enough for the both of us
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 29, 2012, 12:42:20 AM
Ide, I must protest
Japan isn't big enough for the both of us

Because you're too fat so there's no room?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

it is indeed :(
what if ide gets there a full year before I do
and in that intervening period of time the japanese realize how disgusting and inferior southerners are

my entry depends on their ignorance to the wider world and our region in particular
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

I'm not inferior.  I'm a doctor.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 12:42:46 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 12:38:43 AM
I dunno.  PRC scares me.

We'd come get you.

DINNER OUT IS A GO

Better make it quick. 

Heavy bombers don't discriminate.  :sleep:

Ideologue

It's not even cool anymore.  In 1945, you could see the bomber stream blot out the sun like a cloud of Persian arrows.  These days it'd just be some drone that missed the "spontaneous" rioing crowd and hit the consulate full of expat American supplicants instead.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Nobody appreciates my Spy Game reference.  :cry:

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 01:28:46 AM

I didn't want to admit I didn't get it. :(
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 01:31:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 01:28:46 AM

I didn't want to admit I didn't get it. :(

Go watch that movie, dammit.  It's pretty cool.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 12:38:43 AM
I dunno.  PRC scares me.

I'm actually thinking, if things pan poorly viz. the newest crop of job stuff, Japan.  I mean, I told the Korean folks that Korea was my favorite, but that was a lie.
Almost impossible to get in without doing JET, you willing to wait 'till August 2013?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point