News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fortune Summoners!

Started by Lettow77, January 31, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

The latest game to deserve languish's attention, Fortune Summoners, and the first game with real gameplay that i've found myself enjoying in a long time, came out yesterday.

It looks like this!

Arche is you, the protagonist. You just moved into a new town, and are about to go to school! Magic school! But there will be the ubiquitous slime blob enemies on the way there, as well as snakes.
The gameplay is sidescrolling combat, with quests, variable characters with different movesets, and so on. The combat is slightly more engaging than what a JRPG usually offers,
but that is hardly the focus of the game.

You can buy different outfits for your characters! My Arche has a green headband and a frilly, pleasant dress. Frilly, pleasant dresses are found on many of the citizens of Tonkiness, the town in which you start.

this is the third game translated by Carpe Fulgar, who hit gold with Recettear, their first title, in which you run an item shop and struggle to evade homelessness (as a little girl). Their second offering, Chantelise, was a more straighforward dungeon clearing romp where you set out to cure your sister of her transformation into a fairy. (You are her imouto.)

Chantelise was a dissapointment, but Fortune Summoners appears to be much closer to Recettear on the quality scale. I would encourage Languish to try it out- and pick up Recettear, while you are at it. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Can we get a mod on this? Cleanup aisle 3.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

It's no worse than a thread about a Paradox game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

I find it hard to believe nobody on Languish would enjoy Recettear. It's a game entirely about making your ruinous monthly payments and gouging the customer.

There is an optional gameplay mode where you contract adventurers to go retrieve items for you, and each adventurer has a separate moveset and must be encountered in the plot, but it is entirely optional.

The core of the game is sales. Buy low, sell high!

Admiral Yi

Lettuce, do you own one of those body pillows with tits?

Lettow77

I don't see what my dakimakura has to do this this :blush:   A friend sent me one for free though, insisting it would be good for me.. so yes. It isn't have any nudity though- I specifically requested it didn't. How could someone share their bed with vulgarity? ;-;

Sexuality is an unwanted temptation of the defiled world.

Edit: It is worth noting that the dakimakura was something of a failed venture. When it comes to cuddling in the evening, my main source of comfort is the faithful mameshiba.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on January 31, 2012, 12:07:37 PM
It's no worse than a thread about a Paradox game.

I don't see how that's the case. Just on basic notability alone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

This game topped Steam's best sellers chart yesterday. It's a big deal to some people- It wouldn't surprise me to hear it sells more copies than your average paradox game.

sbr

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 01:14:06 PM
This game topped Steam's best sellers chart yesterday. It's a big deal to some people- It wouldn't surprise me to hear it sells more copies than your average paradox game.

Meh, bugged grand strategy is a smaller niche than paedophelia.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 12:37:33 PM
Wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Shade

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 12:15:40 PM
I find it hard to believe nobody on Languish would enjoy Recettear. It's a game entirely about making your ruinous monthly payments and gouging the customer.

There is an optional gameplay mode where you contract adventurers to go retrieve items for you, and each adventurer has a separate moveset and must be encountered in the plot, but it is entirely optional.

The core of the game is sales. Buy low, sell high!

Is it kinda like this http://www.kongregate.com/games/EdgebeeStudios/swords-potions ? Which is free....

Ed Anger

Since nobody has done it yet.....

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

In totally unrelated news, I saw a Republic player on our server by the name of "Squee Imloadinmahblaster".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 31, 2012, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 12:37:33 PM
Wrong.

No, actually he's correct.  It's messy and makes you sleepy.  WOMEN WEAKEN LEGS

Lettow77

Isn't it sad that you havent had taiyaki yet, languish?