News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fortune Summoners!

Started by Lettow77, January 31, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 08:41:36 PM
Bet I know more about the war of secession, Japanese culture, and tea than you.

edit: And Mormonism!

hahah, no you don't, i don't care about japanese culture, i like my tea with milk and little sugar and who cares about crazy Joe Smith and his teachings.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 08:29:55 PM
Neil, I have enough faith in you that I don't think you'd entertain thoughts of me being a danger to anyone else.

And to speak frankly of sexual urges, I don't have as many as a normal person does- the impulse comes, but not very often, and its extremely embarrassing when it does.

Er, i'd elaborate more, but it's not a decent topic. Suffice to say, it is no great chore to shun sexuality. I don't necessarily think of it as an evil, but it suits my purposes to avoid it. I made a promise to do so, after all, and I hold to all agreements I make to the best of my ability.
No, I rather think that you'd be more of a danger to yourself than to others.  That was often the case with artistic, unconventional sensitive young men with mystical worldviews in times of great cultural upheaval.  You used to see these sorts of things 100 years ago.

At any rate, you still have some years to decide what to make of yourself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2012, 08:54:21 PM
There's nothing dangerous about being weird, nor is there anything wrong with being a serial killer of homos.
No, but there is some wrong with being a homo who is a serial killer.
QuoteSo you go ahead and sleeping in the wet spot because it's "the sweet thing to do".
I prefer having sex in the afternoon or early evening, negating that issue.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

I totally admit I am a danger to myself. Until nine days ago, not a day went by for months that I didn't think about killing myself. To the few close enough to explain this to (not languish, as I didn't really expect y'all to understand) I spoke of being "On the road to Sudoku." Renouncing the defiled world was part of a process of cleansing physical desire and preparing to fade away from existence. I was enchanted with the idea of getting a great work done to have something to leave behind- hence the sonnet project, hence the abortive novel attempt.

I was eager to get them done so I could off myself, so much so that the difficulty of getting them done really bore down upon me- I was impatient and daunted by the prospect that either was beyond my abilities, or at least my willpower. Willpower in particular enchants me as notion- triumph of the will, hachimaki, fasting, malaise, and all gradients upon the scale of will and effort fascinate me, and I can usually pinpoint exactly to what degree I have the megrims, the fervor, or whatnot.  In general I am plagued with a lassitude, which of late I decided was the Yukkuri, and to be embraced.

Hence tea, tranquility, and the easy life.

These sudoku plans were a great relief, since they meant never really having to work, and I was free to enjoy life as suited me- the ingestion of culture and the activities of the leisure class academic.  However,  became quite fascinated by the idea of the JET program- it seemed on the 22nd so easy, so within my grasp, that I became quite sure I could get in, and use it as a means to get my foot in the door and live a life in Japan. I had become convinced this was the route to something worthwhile and lasting self-sufficiency, and it gave me a sense of purpose and plans for the future that had been absent for about a year. So, sudoku is off the table. What isn't, though, is the leisurely, tea-and-cake life. I want to read literature, play games, watch anime, and avoid work.

This can be discussed since it is the past; I wouldn't imagine discussing my suicide plans here on languish. In the event that I do off myself though, i'd post on languish first. It's only fair to chronicle the final dissolution of my family here, as I have made note for each preceding family member.

Edit: one unfortunate consequence of shelving plans of immediate immigration to Gensokyo has been a corresponding lack of willpower to work on the sonnet project, though..

edit edit: It's a little constraining that I can't tell languish everything i'd like to. I'd prefer being more open, as this is an internet community i've known a very long time and is a close-knit group, and I don't have many other people to talk to. But it is assumed I am crazy, putting on an act, or nonexistant as it is, so..
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

You know, you would have made a great Austrian intellectual once upon a time.

fhdz

Recettear is actually a neat game, mechanically speaking.
and the horse you rode in on

Lettow77

Recettear was great. Eight hours in, I can say Fortune Summoners is as well, contrasting with Chantelise. It's hard, though.

Also, Recettear brings something to the table for people who don't like metrid/castlevania sidescrolling, in terms of gameplay; this is much less novel. If the charming setting doesn't appeal to you, it is unlikely the fairly traditional gameplay will.

(Not to say the gameplay is bad, and it might well be novel for some of you who avoided your sidescrollan JRPGS in your youth. )

Admiral Yi

What would it take to get your 8 year old pussy meat eaten by Merkids?  Is it even possible?

Lettow77

Er, you are looking for a different type of japanese doujin game.

That said, if that's really your thing, I could PM you some recommendations.

Admiral Yi

I'm not looking for any kind of Japanese doujin game.  I'm wondering about the game play of your current Japanese doujin game.

Are there good and bad things to say to angry ribbiting Merkids?  Is it possible to fuck up the encounter and have something bad happen to your character?  Or can you say anything at all and they are still overcome by the power of My Little Pony Love?

Lettow77

There is combat, as previously alluded to. Actually, merkids are pretty horrible creatures, and are the reason I am currently stuck- there is a section in which shy little Sana must go on her own, for she has a magical stone that shields her when she is underwater, and she is responsible for going where her friend cannot follow. Without Arche, however, she is very easy pickings for the merkids, who beat her senseless.

Merkid magi spam ice attacks and run away. It's kind of disgusting. Mere ordinary merkids are not easy either- their spear gives them too much reach. Having been struck several times repeatedly without landing a hit back, the game marks you for a natural loser, so you drop your sword and cry like a proper loser, while they beat on you further. A wonderful lose more mechanic.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2012, 08:55:40 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 08:41:36 PM
Bet I know more about the war of secession, Japanese culture, and tea than you.

edit: And Mormonism!

hahah, no you don't, i don't care about japanese culture, i like my tea with milk and little sugar and who cares about crazy Joe Smith and his teachings.

Apparently going to Utah makes you an expert on Mormonism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

Years of interested study makes me more knowledgeablethan most on Mormonism. I'm not an expert. :) My decade-long fascination with Mormonism is why I went to Utah, rather than me having an interest in Mormonism after going to Utah out of the blue.

I cleared the Shrine of the Wind, where the Merkids were. Sana's difficulties were overcome by running and squealing until Arche could help her.

Neil

Well, that's good.  Sana sounds terrible.

Shade

I am sorry but why Utah? Why not go where it started in NY? They have all the festivals and such....