News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nude camping?

Started by merithyn, May 01, 2009, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given a chance, would you go to a nudist campground?

yes, mosiquitos and poison ivy be damned!
possibly, but only if I knew everyone there
Possibly, but only if I didn't know anyone there
Not until there's less of me
No. Just... no

merithyn

Quote from: saskganesh on May 04, 2009, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2009, 10:36:19 PM
Very few people look good when completely nude. Even they don't look good when they just casually walk around and mind their own business.

most people look fine.

what you have to get used to is that people come in different shapes.

the odd thing is, once people come to accept their bodies, they actually treat their bodies better, so they wind up looking better.

anyhow, try it.

Oh, I'm fairly sure we're going. I was a nude model for an art class in college, so walking around naked in front of people doesn't really bother me, nor does seeing others so. I was more interested in what the folks of Languish would do in a similar circumstance. I had no idea Languish was so full of prudes.  :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Nude camping(Or most of nude everything) violates the prime directive:

Only one penis (mine) in the vicinity.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2009, 08:45:43 AM

I very much doubt that you emasculate every man you come into contact with.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 08:57:43 AM

I doubt I do too. I just don't want to see wangs.

Malthus

The idea is to camp in a spot sufficiently remote that whether you are nude or not is completely irrelevant as far as other people go.

I'm not a fan of camping in groups with strangers at prepared camp grounds - it seems sort of pointless to me. There is a nude beach in Toronto, and I've never been particularly tempted to go, but I have nothing against it.

Certainly when my family went camping, there would be times when we would shed our clothes, mostly for swimming or when wading canoes down shallow streams. The presence of clothes was dictated mostly by the presence of mosquitos and bad weather.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2009, 09:03:48 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 08:57:43 AM

I doubt I do too. I just don't want to see wangs.
Are you looking?

Is this fear of other men caused by your own fear of turning faggot?  When you enter a locker room, are you filled with a deep need to have the penises of the other men inside your own body?

Are you a reverse Martinus?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Malthus

Heh, anyone who goes to a gym regularly soon gets used to public nudity. The one I go to would surely not inspire dreams of homosexual sensuality though - unless your preferred object of desire is a flabby balding fiftysomething businessman with hair growing out of his ears.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

What is this "gym" you are talking about?

Malthus

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 09:52:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2009, 09:47:55 AM
What is this "gym" you are talking about?

http://www.adelaideclub.com/joinus_about.htm

Interesting, but I will continue with my workout plan. Reaching for the remote control and chasing kids off my lawn.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 04, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
I had no idea Languish was so full of prudes.  :D

In Languishland, if you're not a prude, you're a prevert.  I'd rather be a prude :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2009, 10:12:29 AM
Quote from: merithyn on May 04, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
I had no idea Languish was so full of prudes.  :D

In Languishland, if you're not a prude, you're a prevert.  I'd rather be a prude :D

Hey, can't one be both?  :P

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 09:46:37 AM
Heh, anyone who goes to a gym regularly soon gets used to public nudity. The one I go to would surely not inspire dreams of homosexual sensuality though - unless your preferred object of desire is a flabby balding fiftysomething businessman with hair growing out of his ears.  :D

I don't use locker rooms.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus