News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Life's Small Pleasures

Started by mongers, January 20, 2012, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on January 25, 2012, 11:17:20 AM
How many of you guys keep your daughters in the basement?

My dad does that with his son.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 24, 2012, 05:35:03 PM
Awh kids :hug:

Looking forward to going down that road.

If I might humbly make a suggestion...

don't put it off too long.  I think you're around the same age as me, and I'm already feeling kind of old to be a new dad.  Lots of people the same age as me have kids up to 10 years older, and I'm having to balance in my planning the fact that graduation and retirement will happen at the same time.

And it's only going to get worse when the next one arrives in June. :o

Meh, having kids at a young age is over rated.  You were poor ten years ago.  Now you can afford to provide in a way you could have not done 10 years ago.

Lettow77

Hot tea in a thermos- it was raining outside, but the world still seemed warm and beautiful while I had tea under an awning.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 25, 2012, 11:11:09 AM
I'm 41 and my youngest daughter just turned 16.

I'm 41 and at peace with the realization that I'll never have children.

It's my mother that has the problem.

Valdemar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2012, 09:15:43 AM

Can't you just sire a few bastards and send them to live with your mum? :p

V

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2012, 09:15:43 AM

Your cats are like children to you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

A flock of sparrows inhabit a bush close to the back door, so I can see them doing there sparrow stuff from only 2 or 3 feet away; sparrows are my favourite birds. :wub: 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Camerus

Now that I am 30 I am seriously thinking about having children, whereas I never gave it a moment's thought before.   :hmm:

However, I am unmarried and my GF is 22, so even if our relationship did end up being a long term thing, I guess kids wouldn't happen for a while anyway. :huh:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on January 31, 2012, 09:18:07 AM
Now that I am 30 I am seriously thinking about having children, whereas I never gave it a moment's thought before.   :hmm:

However, I am unmarried and my GF is 22, so even if our relationship did end up being a long term thing, I guess kids wouldn't happen for a while anyway. :huh:

Has she not gone through puberty yet?

Camerus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2012, 09:41:24 AM

Has she not gone through puberty yet?

What do you think?

Valdemar

Well then she could have had 5-6 kids already, one per year  :menace:

Any how, its better for her to get them young, health wise, so go right ahead  :cool:

V

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
And it's only going to get worse when the next one arrives in June. :o

This is news to me.  :)

:cheers:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

so even if our relationship did end up being a long term thing,

This is why he shouldn't have them just yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Life's little pleasures? 5 minutes to myself. In the Angertorium.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

22 is a good age to be pregnant. It isn't as hard on the body then when they're 35.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.