Main Menu

Obama's Playlist for 2012 Campaign

Started by Syt, February 11, 2012, 03:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Fireblade on February 11, 2012, 07:39:23 AM
Hey Syt, you should check out Lucero.

I've come across them; I sometimes listen to "alt country" tag on Last.fm
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2012, 06:57:00 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 06:54:02 AM
Are you saying that campaign strategists had a hand in this list and that it's not purely from the Presidizzle's heart? :o
Yeah, but here's the thing: if Romney's campaign song list had 'black people music' in it all you'd hear is OMG PANDURUR. :)

Wouldn't be an issue unless it's hiphop. He can listen to all the Motown, soul, funk and Whitney Houston he wants and nobody will bat an eye.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 07:01:13 AM
Are you saying that campaign strategists had a hand in this list and that it's not purely from the Presidizzle's heart? :o
Yeah, but here's the thing: if Romney's campaign song list had 'black people music' in it all you'd hear is OMG PANDURUR. :)

Well, I can't lay my finger on it, but I think Obama seems more believable with it than Romney would. I can see Obama going to a country concert and having a good time, but not Romney going to an RnB concert.

Could you picture Romney having a good time at a country concert? Or at any concert? Or at anything?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on February 11, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

Could you picture Romney having a good time at a country concert? Or at any concert? Or at anything?

Perhaps at a business meeting.  Where they plan to fire people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on February 11, 2012, 01:23:05 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 07:01:13 AM

Well, I can't lay my finger on it, but I think Obama seems more believable with it than Romney would. I can see Obama going to a country concert and having a good time, but not Romney going to an RnB concert.

I was going to post something like that.  It's a big part of Romney's problem, really.

Razgovory

He needs to use that to his advantage.  Claim he has no likes or dislikes.  That he's simply a perfect governmental/Business machine with out the baggage of human emotions or desires.  The Albert Pujols of politics.  Ideally he should answer all questions with "Bee Boop", then spit out ticker tape with answers.

Or at least learn that Robot dance, and preform that at Debates.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017