News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Life's Small Pleasures

Started by mongers, January 20, 2012, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

At the moment, if I go and stand outside the house, 35-40 minutes after sunset a couple of hundred geese fly over at about 30 feet in a beautiful arrangement of v-shaped formations. 

Nothing special, ordinary geese have just taken off from the meadows to fly up the valley to rest a night and they're back around elevenses in the morning.  :bowler:

What are yours ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maximus

Barrister

After a generally crappy morning commute I always take a look out the window as the LRT crosses the North Saskatchewan river valley for a good 30 seconds of natural beauty.

Before going back underground. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

There's a bum who burns incense around the corner.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

Yesterday, two cats were hanging out by business affairs. I was able to pet one.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

PRC

Hearing the calls of birds surviving in the area around my home during the Winter.  Black capped chickadees, nuthatches, etc.

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 20, 2012, 11:26:09 PM
Yesterday, two cats were hanging out by business affairs. I was able to pet one.

:cry:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 20, 2012, 11:26:09 PM

What happened to the cat you owned?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Maximus on January 20, 2012, 08:42:31 PM
Dry socks.

I was just about to say, brand new out-of-the-packet socks.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maximus

Lettow77

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 21, 2012, 08:57:34 AM

I had to ship her off to Milan in my freshman year, because my father was unwilling to keep her around the house without me to care for her. I hope she's well, but who can say? She wouldn't have been allowed in Martin's dorms. Of course, now that there is no house to return to and the dorm is the only home, I am a bit farther from being able to have a cat. It is quite unfortunate.  I miss Ennui very much.

(It should be noted Milan is a town in northwest Tennessee)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 21, 2012, 04:57:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 21, 2012, 08:57:34 AM

I had to ship her off to Milan in my freshman year, because my father was unwilling to keep her around the house without me to care for her. I hope she's well, but who can say? She wouldn't have been allowed in Martin's dorms. Of course, now that there is no house to return to and the dorm is the only home, I am a bit farther from being able to have a cat. It is quite unfortunate.  I miss Ennui very much.

(It should be noted Milan is a town in northwest Tennessee)

:hug:

11B4V

When I have the house all to myself.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017