Stupid question: When Black and white people have seeeeex!

Started by Razgovory, May 01, 2009, 02:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Eochaid on May 01, 2009, 10:05:40 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 01, 2009, 10:00:22 AMJoin the club. If it were valid I'd be danish. I have one danish ancestor 16 generations ago :(

You could be American. They absolutely LOVE to detail where they ancestors come from.  :lol:

Helpful tip for Americans: if you've always lived in America and don't speak the language, you're not [insert supposed nationality]. Pisses me off each and every time.

Kevin

What if you've always lived in America and do speak the language?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Helpful tip for Americans: if you've always lived in America and don't speak the language, you're not [insert supposed nationality]. Pisses me off each and every time.

Kevin
Fuck off, Celto-Roman.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Korea

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 09:53:27 AM
Quote from: Korea on May 01, 2009, 09:46:13 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 08:42:50 AM
Not nearly as embarassing as the friend of my wife's sister who had her first baby with definite half-Black features ... when her fiancee was Chinese.

:pinchL

Allegedly, an amazing domestic scene broke out in the delivery room.

Way we heard the story the first time, was that Chinese Guy had booted his fiancee out of his house (he had money) right after she gave birth. We all assumed he was a pig and a jerk. Until this tiny added detail came to light, which makes it more explicable.

He took her back though, and she has another kid. We assume it's his. At least, the other kid isn't half-Black.

People are amazing creatures. Jeez.
I want my mother fucking points!

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2009, 10:18:10 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 01, 2009, 10:00:22 AMJoin the club. If it were valid I'd be danish. I have one danish ancestor 16 generations ago :(

You could be American. They absolutely LOVE to detail where they ancestors come from.  :lol:

Kevin

What if you've always lived in America and do speak the language?

Check the passport. And if the person doesn't have a passport he is probably American.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Korea on May 01, 2009, 10:23:34 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 09:53:27 AM
Quote from: Korea on May 01, 2009, 09:46:13 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 08:42:50 AM
Not nearly as embarassing as the friend of my wife's sister who had her first baby with definite half-Black features ... when her fiancee was Chinese.

:pinchL

Allegedly, an amazing domestic scene broke out in the delivery room.

Way we heard the story the first time, was that Chinese Guy had booted his fiancee out of his house (he had money) right after she gave birth. We all assumed he was a pig and a jerk. Until this tiny added detail came to light, which makes it more explicable.

He took her back though, and she has another kid. We assume it's his. At least, the other kid isn't half-Black.

People are amazing creatures. Jeez.

Not really.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Kevin

We settler cultures all value our heritage. Anyways, the one Danish woman predates the Pilgrims.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

Quote from: Viking on May 01, 2009, 10:28:23 AM
We settler cultures all value our heritage. Anyways, the one Danish woman predates the Pilgrims.
Predating is important - it lets you know what to expect when you do go out.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eochaid

Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2009, 10:19:47 AMFuck off, Celto-Roman.

It just pisses me off when I hear people referring to the Irish or Italian (or whatever) communities in some American state or another. Whatever link these guys had is long dead and they're just perpetuating some kind of fossilised version of a culture.

I can understand keeping track of you origins (we all do it), but this is more akin to pathetically clinging on to something long dead. Seriously, back in the 80s' and 90s' the IRA was funded mainly by Irish Americans when the majority of REAL Irish people (in Eire) just wanted peace. WTF was that all about?

Do people think that because they keep an Irish flag and drink pints on St Paddy's they're Irish?

Kevin
It's been a while

derspiess

Kevin

Note to self: self-identify as German-American whenever Echoshade joins a thread.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: Eochaid on May 01, 2009, 10:32:12 AM
Do people think that because they keep an Irish flag and drink pints on St Paddy's they're Irish?

Kevin
Nope, they think they are Irish-Americans.  There is a sense that if you don't know where you came from (even if invented, like most family histories) you don't know who you are.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: Eochaid on May 01, 2009, 10:32:12 AM
Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2009, 10:19:47 AMFuck off, Celto-Roman.

It just pisses me off when I hear people referring to the Irish or Italian (or whatever) communities in some American state or another. Whatever link these guys had is long dead and they're just perpetuating some kind of fossilised version of a culture.

I can understand keeping track of you origins (we all do it), but this is more akin to pathetically clinging on to something long dead. Seriously, back in the 80s' and 90s' the IRA was funded mainly by Irish Americans when the majority of REAL Irish people (in Eire) just wanted peace. WTF was that all about?

Kevin

Ethnicity is mostly subjective. People are what they self-identify as. There aren't any rational rules for this, and no-one is really "in charge" of deciding whose identity is "real" and whose is not.

Very often these contrasting identities cause problems, but the solution isn't to convince one group that they aren't really who they think they are.

The exception is those who have taken on an identity as a deliberate sham, in bad faith (see "Jews for Jesus"  :D ).

Also, people tend to have more than one way of measuring identity, depending on whom they are contrastisng with.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Brazen

Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2009, 10:36:37 AM
Nope, they think they are Irish-Americans.  There is a sense that if you don't know where you came from (even if invented, like most family histories) you don't know who you are.
What happened to all the English-Americans? And why don't they celebrate St George's day?

Eochaid

Still is a very American complex if you ask me.

I might be out on a limb here, but it feels like Americans don't feel like being "American" is a legitimate identity.  :huh:

Kevin
It's been a while

Grey Fox

Quote from: Brazen on May 01, 2009, 10:43:49 AM
Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2009, 10:36:37 AM
What happened to all the English-Americans? And why don't they celebrate St George's day?

Emigrated to Canada.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.